CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: IS anyone out there? I need advice from other parents on how far apart to space your kids.

Views: 2,053
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 863,481

Re: IS anyone out there? I need advice from other parents on how far apart to space your kids.

If you are interested...
I had my first two children two years apart. It was very difficult and I did not give my body quite enough time to recover. Unfortunately my son gave up nursing at one year - but fortunately because of this I could fast and cleanse. The fasting and cleansing was very important to me and integral to delivering a baby without birth defects, etc. I am due today with my third child and this time I waited until the kids were older and the second and third will be one month shy of three years apart. It will be much easier this time around with a three year old instead of a two year old. It has been really neat to see how excited my kids get about a new baby. My son was just two when his sister was born and just didn't understand as much.
In terms of giving you body a rest... I had a friend who was torn over the fact that she was just not ready to have another child for a year or two. Her midwife told her that in other cultures the men really value the recovery period of the mother after birth, before having another child. They value this recovery period so much that the men will not even have sex with the woman until a time that she would be ready to have another baby. Since the children are probably nursed in the culture she was talking about we can probably assume that this meant a period of at least three years apart between babies. I just thought that was interesting.
Every family is so different and your personality is so different from that of another mother. Some may wonder why you would want to have your kids all spaced out, but they are not you. You are an entirely different person.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.891 sec, (1)