CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Caution About Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) EDITED

boldyloxx Views: 2,987
Published: 15 years ago

This is a reply to # 864,236

Re: Caution About Compact Fluorescent Lighting (CFL) EDITED

I still won't use them in my bedroom-- but will use the incandescent bulbs in there. I WON'T AND CAN'T go any higher than 40 watts. I don't have any ceiling lights in my room, so I only use those smaller lamps that can't handle any more than 40 watt bulbs anyway.

I feel that there is no point in keeping lights on when not in the room, so the lamp goes on only when I'm using it. When I leave the room for any reasonable length of time, I shut them off. Also, My little television hardly gets used except for the News or TLC programs -- and I don't leave that on either.

I've always been anal retentive in making sure all lights not being used are shut off. Maybe in a past life, I worked in a Light House..lol..

Our kitchen and basement ONLY has flourescent lighting, so that should be no problem--- especially since we also have windows that bring in sunlight to balance the flourescent light out.

I personally will still not buy any CFL bulbs- Unless they can verify that mercury is no longer used in them. Instead I will buy the lesser of two evils: Flourescent Full spectrum bulbs.

Otherwise, the 40 Watts bulbs I have--- used reasonably should not really hurt the environment unless one keeps several 40 watt bulbs on at a time. I don't do that anyway, as I also use candlelight. (my room has no windows)

Believe it or not, I do see your point, and realize that we all have to cut back- and can't go hog wild with lighting, etc.. as we have in the past. I'm compromising by using only 34 or 40 watt bulbs--because I am light deprived and during the Winter months, I get that SADD syndrome. I used to use 60 watts or higher, so this is actually a cut back for me that I'm willing to make.

I am probably going to end up using all full spectrum flourescent bulbs in the long run after all the low watt incandescents are used up.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

1.641 sec, (1)