CureZone   Log On   Join
Need Advice Soon! To inject newborn with Vitamin K or not?

koas Views: 1,606
Published: 15 years ago

Need Advice Soon! To inject newborn with Vitamin K or not?

I am due to have my first child any day (4 days past due date) and am still struggling with my natural birth plan and Dr.s and hospitals approval. What I have learned is next time I am definitely doing a homebirth! I feel like I am too stressed out about all these "medical procedures" and defending my choices to relax and have this baby!!
My last appointment my Dr. expressed his concern with my wanting to refuse the vitamin K injection. Trying to scare me with a story of an amish family who lost one of their nine children to brain hemmoraging due to lack of vit. K and then got all their children taken away from them. I listened to what he said and did feel scared, like the awful mother who wants to harm her newborn and will lose her child for not providing "proper medical treatment"! Just what he wanted, i'm sure! I asked him about the option of giving oral vit K drops and he said the hospital doesn't do that and that you cannot make sure the baby got enough of the Vit K.
In my research I have found that there is no recommended daily value of vit K for babies and could nature/God be so wrong in not providing this "essential vitamin to our newborns? And how did our babies survive so long before they started this practice? It is also a fat soluble vitamin and any excess is not eliminated out but is stored in the body, are we overdosing our babies fragile bodies? Also there are links to childhood leukemia and the injection. The injection also is a synthetic formof vit K and has many harmful additives. I am a semi - vegetarian so I eat plenty of leafy greens and eat lots of dairy, both great sources of vitamin K.
I don't want to put my baby at any risk but I don't know which is worse not giving the shot or doing it!
Any advice or thoughts, pro or con to vit K, would be greatly appreciated!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2022  curezone.com

0.719 sec, (1)