CureZone   Log On   Join
Advice needed. Anyone here from UK (Scotland?)

loobyloo Views: 4,255
Published: 14 years ago

Advice needed. Anyone here from UK (Scotland?)

I have recently been 'diagnosed' with adrenal exhaustion through hair tissue mineral analysis, after being unwell for 14 years (I am 34). I am seeing a medical herbalist who I am sure is doing her best, but am wondering if anyone has found a really good doctor or natural therapist in the UK, who really knows their stuff when it comes to adrenal issues?

The herbalist I am seeing has started me off on Vit C, B-Complex, Zinc, EPA fatty acids and a herbal prescription (I don't know what's in it, although I think it contains licorice root). She also put me on a high quality multiple vitamin, but I am concerned because it contains copper, and I believe copper overload goes hand-in-hand with adrenal fatigue. Also, because she is a herbalist, she hasn't recommended adrenal glandulars. I cut out caffeine, and switched to a mainly whole-food diet.

I have been on and off anti-depressants for many years, and recently when I tried to come off them I felt absolutely dreadful. The herbalist suggests it's because they have been masking my real adrenal symptoms, and that perhaps I need to do a lot more work on my adrenals before coming off them, so I am back on a very low dose :-(

I have been doing this for seven weeks, and feel no difference at all, infact, my insomnia has worsened (does anyone else have to get up frequently to urinate during the night? Sometimes up to five times?!).

I was also wondering how important others on this forum believe the adrenal cortex/glandular supplements are to recovery?

Many thanks, Loobyloo.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.266 sec, (1)