CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: NEED ADVICE!! I am 4 weeks pregnant still nursing my 18 month old and about 50 pounds over weight. Many questions! Help :)

Original Hulda Clark
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Your Ad Here
Place your ad here !

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

More
sandover Views: 5,147
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 879,262

Re: NEED ADVICE!! I am 4 weeks pregnant still nursing my 18 month old and about 50 pounds over weight. Many questions! Help :)

Hi Sarah,

I have a friend who had a drug-free VBAC no problem a couple of years ago. It can be done, though you may have to hospital-shop so it could be more difficult if you live in a smaller town. A lot of "rules" around birth are set by the hospitals rather than the doctors themselves, so if you call different local hospitals and see what their policies are, a hospital or birthing center that is OK with VBAC should be able to get you in touch with a practitioner who will attend a VBAC.

The other thing to consider is a home birth. I'm not pro- or anti-hospital or home birth -- I think it's a really individual choice based on one's own feelings toward doctors, hospitals, etc. -- but I've got several friends who have really enjoyed birthing at home attended by a midwife. (Some midwives can't attend legally depending on state law.)

And then there is the unassisted home birth option. Laura Shanley runs a site called "Born Free" that contains a lot of information and many, many birth stories from all sorts of moms (I am sure there are some VBAC stories posted there). I think it's wise reading for anyone who plans to have a child, regardless of whether it will be in hospital or at home -- for starters, you never know if the baby will just decide to arrive before you get a chance to call anyone or go to the hospital!

Regarding weaning -- your milk production may go down due to hormonal changes so your little one may start eating more food on his own. I am with you on the not mandating weaning (although I do discourage it during the day) with my 2-y.o. twins, and I can assure you that tandem nursing is possible, doable and fun!

Best to you during these early weeks,

Laura

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.484 sec, (1)