CureZone   Log On   Join
The page that the link leads is not working.

been there done that Views: 1,313
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 884,515

The page that the link leads is not working.

but I did find this page.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/evil.php

I don't go to extraordinary lengths to explain the bible, my personal feeling is that A PERSON EITHER HAS LOVE IN THEIR HEART or THEY DON'T. If they truly are a loving person, they will not only be genuinely kind and just/fair to other people (we are to practice goodness and hospitality, Galatians 5:22, Romans 12:13) and have the ability to "walk by the spirit" (Galatians 5:16 and 5:25) instead of "walk by faith", but they will also have the ability to truly love God for everything that He means to humanity and they will also love/like His ways and (as much as is practical) choose to emulate Him. We are to "walk as children of light" (not THE light, whatever that might be, Ephesians 5:8, "good and right and true" verse 9). For the Christian, faith should be borne out of love ("the greatest of these" 1 Corin. 13:13, "God is love" 1 John 4:8).

There are many things that are misunderstood about being a Christian because the world rather think that it's as easy as reading the bible and understanding scripture according to commentaries and scholars (interpretation), but all intellectual understanding is misleading (everybody wants the easy way, like scripture is a 'roadmap' to heaven). I've been a Christian for more than 20 years and I've never heard anyone explain that it was the "rivers of living waters"/sorrow compassion for the poor and misfortunate (John 7:38) that was mixed with Christ's blood at the cross (Jesus spoke of this sorrow in the beautififul attitudes in Matthew 5), or the common sense understanding that agape, philos, eros, and storge are not types of love (love is a single attitude, God is love, "God is ONE", Gal. 3:20), those are types of love RELATIONSHIPS, not love itself). If Christians don't have a proper understanding of LOVE, how can they properly understand God? GOD is LOVE. Only unbelievers are to FEAR not knowing God, but once we come to know Him (properly/truly), we are to love Him ONLY (1 John 4:18 PERFECTED, He is not a punisher either), Mark 12:30, leaving no room for FEAR (the METHOD of loving Him is being commanded). In Isaiah 29:13, God says that "their fear of me is a commandment of men learned by rote"/routine. The fear of The Lord is only the BEGINNING of knowledge.

The bible is A word of God, but not the one that we are to live by. The bible is "the word of truth" (2 Timothy 2:15, Jesus is the truth, John 14:6) and is what God said 2000 years ago, but the word that we are to live by PRESENTLY "proceeds from the mouth of God" when His spirit speaks to us (as long as we choose to be good listeners/students). The spirit will teach us that right is right and wrong is wrong and never the twain shall meet, so that the change from good to evil will be clear and abrupt (as a sword would divide, with no middle ground, "no shadow or variation due to change" James 1:17). This is called "the sword of the spirit" Ephesians 6:17 (which is THE WORD that we should live by). Then, not only our souls will be purified, but our conscience will be purified by the spirit (Hebrews 9:14, as long as our behavior is determined by our conscience) because we have been fed with solid food (Hebrews 5:14) after moving on to maturity (Hebrews 6:1) and discovering the "depths of God" (1 Corin. 2:10), after all, Adam and Eve did eat of the tree of conscience. God has no respect for our phoney personalities (God is no respecter of persons/persona, He only has regard for a person's true NATURE, so it should be a Godly nature). God's name forever (in all situations) is "I am who I am" (Exodus 3:14) and the only way we can live a happy life is by also being who we are (as God is integral, we should also be integral, FOR HAPPINESS and integrity). God is practical, ALMOST (watch that 'new age' stuff!) in a cosmic sense.

Since "God is light" (1 John 1:5) and will show every deed for what it really is, a 'naughty' or 'sneaky' deed will be brought into the light and shown to be evil. In that way, He creates evil where there was thought to be none (He did not send His Son to bring peace on earth so that everyone could continue to do whatever they want regardless of it's merit, Jesus came to create a DIVISION between right and wrong, Luke 12:51).

All verses are from the RSV (I have not seen the NRSV, but I find the RSV to be the most accurate and understandable of all I have read, not that it should really be an issue in a Christians LOVE and personal relationship).

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.297 sec, (3)