CureZone   Log On   Join
Salt cravings 'a-ha' moment....

Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Natural, Soothing, Progesterone Oil
Supplementation and Hormone Balancing Based on the...

J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine
Free S&H.Restore lost reserves.J.CROW’S®Lugol’s Iodine Solut...

Free Remineralizing Tooth Powder!
Best Teeth Remineralization, Strengthening, and Clea...

More
More
romeo Views: 5,484
Published: 14 years ago

Salt cravings 'a-ha' moment....

If you recall a few weeks ago a fellow CZ member and I were having terrible salt cravings.

After eating my way through the majority of a very large bag of very heavily salted pumpkin seeds, I did a search on salt cravings and had a big 'a-ha!' moment.

Iodine detox symptoms share many of the same symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue--and I believe these symptoms are brought to the surface and/or exacerbated by Iodine supplementation. So we need the additional vitamin supplementation (C, niacin, etc) not only to help move halogenic toxins out of our systems but also to prevent adrenal issues. Once I got back on my supplementation plan (when I had few detox symptoms I got lazy and stopped), the salt cravings have lessened.

Check this out:

http://www.thecravingscoach.com/salt.html

"Craving salty foods can also be a symptom of adrenal exhaustion, especially in people who live fast-paced, stressful lives."

And from here:

http://www.project-aware.org/Resource/articlearchives/adrenalfatigue.shtml

"Some key signs and symptoms of adrenal fatigue include salt cravings, increased blood Sugar under stress, increased PMS, perimenopausal, or menopausal symptoms under stress, mild depression, lack of energy, decreased ability to handle stress, muscle weakness, absent mindedness, decreased sex drive, mild constipation alternating with diarrhea, as well as many others."

For adrenal issues they suggest the following, which at least a few of these appear in almost the exact quantities Dr Abrahm suggests. I'm thinking he's recommending the supplementation not just to help with Detox but also to support adrenals?

"The addition of nutritional supplements may also offer additional benefits to patients experiencing adrenal fatigue. They should consider the addition of:

Vitamin C 2,000-4,000 mg/day Sustained Release
Vitamin E w/mixed tocopherols 800 IU/day
Vitamin B complex
Niacin (125-150 mg/day) – as inositol hexaniacinate
B-6 (150 mg/day)
Pantothenic acid (1200-1500 mg/day)
Magnesium citrate (400-1200 mg)
Liquid trace minerals (zinc, manganese, selenium, chromium, molybdenum, copper, iodine)– calming effect
If Depression is present – Add SAM.e 200 mg bid; DL-Phenylalanine (DLPA) 500 mg bid "

In any case, I think this points out the need to make if you're taking Iodine, also make sure you're supplementing with the additional items. best, steph.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.453 sec, (2)