CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Salt cravings 'a-ha' moment....

romeo Views: 5,203
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 887,184

Re: Salt cravings 'a-ha' moment....

Yes -- thanks everyone for clarifying -- the Iodine isn't a toxin and we definitely need salt.

I could be totally off on this but I wonder if the reason Inositol hexaniacinate keeps coming up is because of something I heard from Dr oz (Oprah doc and the heart surgeon who did Pres Clinton's by-passes).

He said that when he put patients on niacin supplements to lower cholestrol that something like 90% of patients showed signs of niacin toxicity in their liver. My understanding is that Inositol hexaniacinate isn't processed in the same way as the other niacin derivates.

From mothernature.com: "A variation on niacin, called inositol hexaniacinate, is also available in supplements. Since it has not been linked with any of the usual niacin toxicity in scientific research, some doctors recommend inositol hexaniacinate for people who need large amounts of niacin."

Also, for what it's worth, a few days after I had these bad salt cravings I had what I can only assume was a gallbladder attack. Painful painful painful. A quick search would indicate that excess Iodine is also sent to the gallbladder for excretion.

All in all it's some interesting stuff but I'll continue down the path to healthiness nonetheless ;) best, steph.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.578 sec, (1)