CureZone   Log On   Join
Try Yerba Mate - Coffee increases cancer risks

Clarkia Parasites Cleanse
Hulda Clark Cleanse

Natural Cancer Remedies
Hundreds of thousands have cured their own cancers, and now yo...

Lugol’s Iodine Free S&H
J.Crow’s® Lugol’s Iodine Solution. Restore lost reserves.

Eliminate Parasites Fast and Easy
One of the most powerful aids in helping the body el...

Free Dentist Alternative!
Professional Powder beats Fluoride!

More
More
Tony Isaacs Views: 1,823
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 888,747

Try Yerba Mate - Coffee increases cancer risks

I confess to drinking my morning coffee too - but I do not recommend it as being healthy. It may afford protection for Hep-C, but at the cost of a greatly increased risk for pancreatic cancer.

When coffee is roasted, the carcinogen 3,4 benzopyrene is formed. There have also been identified two other possible carcinogens found in coffee.

Brian MacMahon of the Harvard School of Public Health did a study in the Boston area and had found that the drinking of three cups of coffee a day increased the risk of pancreatic cancer by a factor of 2.7. He felt that coffee drinking was the cause of 50% of all pancreatic cancers. He stopped drinking coffee and replaced coffee with tea in his office.

In England prior to 1948 people there drank tea and very little coffee. However, after 1948, there was a vast increase in coffee drinking in England, Dr. Tim Spencer of the St. Bartholomew's Hospital in London in 1981 cast much light on the MacMahon study. He plotted the importation of coffee into England between 1948 and 1973. During that time, the importation of coffee increased by 120%. Also during that time the death rate from pancreatic cancer in England increased by 50%.

Coffee may not have been the only contributing factor, but the link seems clear enough for me. And it reminds me too much of the FDA approved medicine approach - treat this condition at the expense of side effects that increase the risks of other conditions.

A much better plan to protect against Hep-C would be a healthy Diet and good lifestyle choices to build and maintain a strong immune system along with supplements that protect and help re-generate the liver such as alpha lipoic acid, selenium and silymarin (Milk Thistle).

An alternative to coffee that all should try, and I intend to try, would be Yerba Mate. In Brazil and South America, it has become more popular than coffee in many places - with Starbucks-like Yerba mate shops springing up left and right. Studies indicate that it is extremely healthy, anti-oxidant laden, and gives a natural energy boost.

I DO admit to being a total hypocrite at the moment. SLURP.

:- )

DQ

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

2.141 sec, (2)