CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Be careful of advice on circumventing the hospital or

sandover Views: 2,441
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 895,169

Re: Be careful of advice on circumventing the hospital or

But Sarah is saying that the hospital for her is a risky situation, and has been for members of her family. Home birth is really the "old way" -- and statistically, one has a greater chance of having problems with a hospital birth (as she did before) than even with a VBAC).

I do not enjoy contradicting people here, and I know that what you are saying is sound in certain regards. I have thought about what I personally would do in Sarah's situation and I still think that given her parity and the likelihood that she will deliver more quickly, and the fact that the hospital forced her into a risky situation last time around (by reversing her child's progress in the birth canal and then performing a section, which has been tremendously traumatic for her) -- well, I would feel safer at home if I were she. The chance of her suture site rupturing is less than the chance of complications from another section (which would also increase the possibility of future problems with repeated sections if she wants another child).

I think a nearby hospital is a great thing in true emergency, but I also think to suggest that a home birth is somehow risky is falling prey to the logic of those that got her in this situation in the first place.

Laura

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

1.109 sec, (1)