Hi Velouria, I saw your post about amalgam removal. The reply button wouldn't work, so I found a post of yours here. Anyway, here are some answers to your questions:
Whenever you eat or drink or bush your teeth, etc..., mercury can come off the teeth and it can cause the metallic taste. That is why it is best to avoid acidic foods and hot foods and drinks as much as possible. It is also not good to get your teeth cleaned if you have mercury fillings, for the same reason.
Your flu-like symptoms can be from the exposure to mercury. No matter how good the protocol, there is a lot of mercury in the air when taking out mercury fillings. It is best if the dentist cuts them into 4 pieces instead of drilling, to minimize the exposure. In the early to mid-1990s, Hal Huggins found it best to remove all fillings in one sitting, that it is much easier on the immune system, but they need to be cut out and protocols followed. It's ok if you get them out over time, it just delays the healing a bit.
You also can get flu-like symptoms during detox. It is best to take many chelators after mercury removal, because some are mobilizers and some are binders and actually pull it out of the body. It is best not to take anything that chelates mercury before they are all removed. It can make you sick. Some people feel better, but generally when people have amalgams, they feel better for a while when they start a new health regime or supplement, but end up feeling worse later. If you don't want to buy the chelation supplements individually, there are two products I recommend (each of the inventors feel theirs is the best in the world and I have seen them debate this issue; They are both very similar):