CureZone   Log On   Join
Oregano Oil, SeaBuckthorn homemade spray; Oregano and spirulina internally

bonneidee Views: 9,449
Published: 14 years ago

Oregano Oil, SeaBuckthorn homemade spray; Oregano and spirulina internally

I got hit with a summer flu or something a week ago. First the stomach pain and problems and then, wham! right into my respiratory system. This generally means I'll get a sinus infection. Last winter I was on Antibiotics 2xs plus prednisone the second round. still had Rt ear stuffiness and pain after that. Oil Pulling helped me a lot with sinuses and ear pain until just recently. (My oil choices I think were inappropriate for my inflammatory response - no more coconut oil for me, only sunflower and almond and pumpkin and such. ) I was on tetracycline as a teenager and have been on Antibiotics many times as an adult for sinus "infections." Only in the last couple of years did I start nasal irrigation with homemade saline solution. It has been helpful but I think I may have physiology that ends up getting the sol'n in my eustachian tube.

I started with nasal irrigation last week as the mucous started turning bright orange yellow. Then since that seemed to make my ear stuffiness worse, I dumped out a bottle of "sinusSaver" that I had tried (I don't recommend it) and filled it instead with my usual sol'n plus. My basic sol'n has been one half cup of distilled water, one quarter teaspoon Sea Salt (do not use iodized table salt ) and one quarter teaspoon baking soda, and 2 drops of tea tree oil. The Tea tree is a bit of a stinger but soothing once over the initial tingle.

This time around for use only in a sprayer, I added a dash of H2O2, 2 drops of oil of oregano (another stinger), and 3 drops of sea buckthorn oil. That _really_ started helping my sinuses. I could not believe how I was breathing through my nose by the second night of this stuff. Now that Im used to and looking forward to the oil of oregano sting (which also soothes after the first tingles) I added 2 drops more to the sol'n and also 4 more drops of sea buckthorn oil. I am also taking oil of oregano internally by drinking with water - nasty but it sure helps my throat - and taking spirulina.

Spirulina is purported to keep histamine release down.
Sea Buckthorn helps heal mucous membranes. I have had a sore spot up in my right sinuses for 8 months now and I really think I have an area in there that hasn't healed up so I thought the seabuck might be beneficial.

It seemed to me that it's worth it to try to fight this sinus infection without Antibiotics since it's probably heavily fungal in me by this point anyway. My sinus drainage is clear today after two and a half days of this spray and internal therapy. And I can breather through them as opposed to being completely stuffed up three days ago.

Comments? Primarily, anyone know any reason I shouldn't be shooting this stuff up my nose?
Als0, anyone tried Similasan homeopathic sinus sprays? My bro likes it.

Thanks! - bd

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.469 sec, (2)