CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: What the pediatrician said to me today

shonsh Views: 2,348
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 922,221

Re: What the pediatrician said to me today

I had to give up that "power" a long time ago. My first daughter ate so well. She didn't eat everything, but she did eat 3 square meals a day. My youngest did eat a lot when she started on solids (cereals and fruits), so I thought she would be the same. A little later though, she started just not wanting to eat when "I" wanted her to. I became SO frustrated at meal time. Because, there are 2 things that are very important to me... eating well and sleeping well. She didn't do either one. Like I said, I had to finally just give up the "power". I said to myself, okay I have to go about this differently. She became one of those kids that just kind of snacks or grazes all day. It works great. I just make sure she eats decently. Lots of fruit bowls, apple sauces, cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, soy milk, yogurt, tiny carrots she loves high fiber cereals! She still won't eat regular chicken breast. She does like the gerber's chicken sticks though(yuck)oh, well... it's chicken. Remember, they have tiny tummies. Isn't it funny how their appetites fluctuate? There have been times that I give her something and she just will not eat it. I finally break down and give her something else and she eats it all. I still ask all the time, "are you hungry? A lot of times she's not.(how can she not be?!) I think I expect her to have the same eating habits as me. I have to eat every 3 hours, or I'm starving. Anyway, I can relate.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.563 sec, (1)