CureZone   Log On   Join
Alternative Methods Work

Views: 1,528
Published: 14 years ago

Alternative Methods Work

A good start for bringing hypertension under control is a book called "What your Doctor May Not Tell Your About Hypertension by Mark Houston, M.D., published by Warner Brothers. You can take charge of your problem and decide you will not take prescription medications--this means patience and willingness to tinker with what this book says to see what works for you. It took three months for me(some years ago) to bring the systolic down 25-30 pts and the diastolic 15 points. Don't overlook meditation and deep breathing and a long contemplative walk(Grandma's old adage, "Slow down, take a deep breath" has merit).

Consider, before you panic about numbers and readings, that so called "healthy" levels for various cholesterol components and blood pressure readings have been systematically lowered in recent years, and perhaps, since most of the research is funded by drug companies, they may have an interest($) in the low numbers and people taking their spendy chemicals. I can almost see some ad man dreaming up the term "the silent killer" and the CEO's chuckling on the way to the bank as we panic over our mortality!

Get to know your body. If I am going to launch into some serious writing, I think better with higher readings, and cut back on my nutritional supplements. I know how I can get it down when the creative thing is over--for me it takes L-Arginine, COQ10, and Celery juice--but everyone is different. Decide to know your body and take charge of it while you are living in it. The key is to decide to work within your physical system and master it and not to swallow what the chemical companies are selling at the drugstores.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)