CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Is anyone familiar with bioidentical hormone therapy after Mirena?

shonsh Views: 5,953
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 956,086

Re: Is anyone familiar with bioidentical hormone therapy after Mirena?

Hi Joanne PhD, Has your Dr. run tests on you to verify? I have suspected for a while now that I may have low progesterone. From all that I have researched, I have a lot of the symptoms. It's just a deep down suspicion I have. But, with all I have read, I've never heard the term bio identical. I have been planning on having my regular doctor run blood tests, but just haven't done it. I'm almost positive that my Gyn wouldn't do it. When I had my Mirena taken out, I told her my symptoms and what I suspected was the cause... She replied, of course, "Oh, you have too little estrogen. I can put you on the Pill!" I just smiled and said "No thank you. My goal is to not have any man made hormones in me." I new that I couldn't win that conversation. I think she thought I was crazy. I also want to wait a while from when I had my Mirena removed. I'm glad to here that your Dr. actually has considered the other side. If my suspicions are correct, I was planning on using a yam progesterone cream that my mother in law uses for menapause. I is also recommended for women with periods. Anyway, I'm interested in your experience with this. I would like to know your info. on the depletion of progesterone due to the Mirena. This hasn't been discussed on this message board before. Could you please e-mail me and let me know of your experience and whatever you can tell me? Thanks, Shelby

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

3.641 sec, (1)