I'm feeling great on iodine. No, I'm not sure how much I'm taking, I just take numerous doses throughout the day or night. I'm guessing about 100-150 mg daily.
Anyway, I wanted to add R-lipoic acid to help get the mercury out. I took one 100 mg capsule and it totally kicked my butt. Massive brain fog, freezing cold, headache, dizziness, forgetfulness. I feel like I have a huge untouched mother lode of mercury to detox.
I feel that the dose is way to high. I have capsules and may try opening them and taking just a tiny bit.
I finally remembered salt and vitamin C and that did help.
I was rather crest-fallen about the whole thing. I thought by now I should have decreased the mercury in my brain with all the Iodine I've been taking. I think I started Iodine about 10 weeks ago.
I want to get pregnant, not take nasty pills forever. I had the last of my mercury fillings out in January of this year. I do not yet feel I can get pregnant due to the fact that I still have so much mercury. I was feeling great about it when I was just taking iodine, but now I'm wondering if anyone has reason to believe that Iodine may not kick the mercury out.