CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Happy Birthday, Lakelight!

want2beclean Views: 2,104
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 958,905

Re: Happy Birthday, Lakelight!

Terrific post, SS! I like your description of emotional death. I still experience and alternating between sorrow and acceptance since I stopped interacting with my dad, but I experience more acceptance these days than I do sorrow. I know that I still experience anger at times, see "bottled up misery" below, but as I express it in a safe place (here and with a trusted person), and in a safe way, and as long as I identify what it is I am feeling, it dissipates much more quickly and is not as destructive to me. In turn I am not destroying my relationships by being so locked in the past.

Lakelight, I am so proud of you! How difficult that must have been, but how brave you were!! I remember when you first started posting - how far you have come!! From confusion to clarity!! From excuses to reality!! Look at you!! I am curious - how is your husband - are you two now recuperating and renewing?? I remember the toll this was taking on him, as he was infinitely patient and trying so hard to be helpful.

Congrats to you for taking this step....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.563 sec, (1)