CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: you are so smart, SS. Glad to know you, n/m OFF TOPIC

Views: 1,889
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 960,718

Re: you are so smart, SS. Glad to know you, n/m OFF TOPIC

Thanks, Want2 - for many, many years, I felt that I was sharp, but I was so embroiled in my abusive relationship that, when I finally got the heck out, I didn't know whether or not I could rely on my smarts to Survive and heal. It took for me to realize that I could learn something from ANYone - counselor, cashier, homeless person, pastor, etc.

Luckily, I had the blessings of great counselors/therapists and the experiences of dozens of abused women in the throes of their own Survivals which taught me a superbly valuable lesson: IQ doesn't equal CSQ (Common Sense Quotient!)! I saw some of the most intellectually gifted women going BACK to their abusers, over, and over, and then...there were the gals who, had they said, "Hi, my name is Crystal, and my favorite color is...plaid," I would NOT have been surprised. Some of the latter gals were the ones who paved their paths to Survival more quickly than the intellegent ones! They seemed to be the ones who were willing to learn and recognized that they needed to learn. Many of the "educated" women that I met over the years honestly believed that, as a result of their edumakashun, they had all of the answers and didn't need to learn anything from anyone.

Yes...I feel that expression of anger is vital, particularly for those people (men, and women) who are fighting their ways through their Survival. One gal I had been made aware of actually died of cancer and it is my belief that, rather than expressing righteous anger and getting out of her abusive relationship, she swallowed back all of the intensely negative junk that her abuser kept feeding her. ANY emotion will manifest itself, physically, including anger, hopelessness, joy, peace, etc. All of that energy has to go SOMEwhere, whether it's positive or negative, IMHO.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.484 sec, (1)