CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Good News and Bad...

want2beclean Views: 1,714
Published: 13 years ago

This is a reply to # 966,123

Re: Good News and Bad...

We have 3 dogs, each is such a unique personality, I think it would be hard if one were sick. Some time ago, my cat got ill and the doc said she may not live, and the impact on me was much more than I expected!! Sorry for the bad news.

Well, on the other...now you can further your healing. It is a bittersweet thing, I know. I still feel "weird" about not talking to dad, almost a year now. But I know that as long as there is the dynamic that was, that I cannot sustain in that relationship. It just costs too much. The good part for me is that I now discern in all my relationships. My boyfriend was dumping some nasty on me due to his own personal stresses, and I was very quick to be willing to leave him, and very quick to confront him on his junk. And of course he did the typical "what, me? what about you!" routine - all too familiar. But because I now have boundaries and limits as to what I will accept, I was able to bust him on himself and his deflections, and we actually got down to what was really going on, and how to manage stress without taking it out on your partner, and we are now better for it. If he had been unwilling or unresponsive to what I was saying, I would have had to leave, and I WAS WILLING TO DO SO!!! No more begging pleading being a martyr stuff for me!! And I get a good look at seeing someone who is willing to change and admit to their bad behavior - a far cry from my dad, who terrorizes because we all "make him do it".

Keep hanging in there, don't go away, I have been looking for you every day to see how you are....

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2020  curezone.com

0.375 sec, (1)