CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Good News and Bad...

Views: 1,431
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 966,123

Re: Good News and Bad...

Ack...the sadness of a pet in distress. She will be fine, Lakelight - just keep up the positive energy surrounding her. I've had so many pets over my lifetime that I've learned (through bitter trial) to soothe, accept, and let go of my animal friends.

One thing I would caution at this time, Lakelight: filling that void that was left by the drama/trauma from mom with other things that will cause more drama/trauma. The hardest personal work comes AFTER we've left the abuser or they've left us. Our lives have been SO taken up with the emotional turmoil that abuse creates that, when that source of over-excitement is gone, there seems to be this incredibly LOUD silence in our souls. And, oddly enough, we seek to fill that void with nearly the same thing that we'd been attempting to escape during all of those years.

I would suggest that you find something that would present a personal challenge to you to become involved with. Perhaps, there's some sort of course you could take that could tap into your creative Self: writing, painting, birding, obedience training with your new dog, etc. Find something positive that will fill that void and throw your Self into it with joy and abandon.

My best wishes to you, my dear!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.391 sec, (1)