CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Just A Quick Question by alesiom11 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   3/10/2008 3:05:09 PM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   924
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1129780

Yes I did stay in a hospital for a week. (I live in France)

The physicians conclued the e.c. comes because of psychologic problems. Which is maybe the only thing that is written on their books. Of course, we could never prove it's wrong. They said only time can cure this condition. I ask how long, they weren' t able to answer. At that time, I didn't have find a job, so it was partly one of their explanation that I didn't feel good. I work since 18 months now and I can say that nothing about my e.c. has changed. It's always the same white stuff which become a crust.

I disagree nevertheless with this theory.

I think psychologic problems can result as a consequence of having e.c. since years but not a cause. I have fighted so hard(especially because I bit my upper lip and that the normal layer never recover - see some of alesiom photos) against pain since years... I am just more stoical about life in general.

And believe me, if people with psychologic problems would have e.c. we would see a lot of this condition around us in the street.

I believe the problem occurs for people who bite/lick their lips/mouth when they are kids. Amalgam fillings reaction can trigger this. The replacement of metal Amalgam filling doesn't help nevertheless. Drugs against Acne (minocycline in my case) can play a role. Cortisone based creams are definitely bad for e.c. because they extend the peeling area.

Courage to all,

It's hard to live with that in spite of not beeing dangerous for our general health

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1129780