CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Adopting a Rescue Dog this weekend! Thoughts & questions on diet, behavior, etc. by anja ..... Animals & Pets Health Support

Date:   4/10/2008 7:57:23 PM ( 14 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,424
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1151633

very cool, thanks for the link! I am getting ahead of myself because I don't even have her yet (less than 2 days more days now!), but I'm concerned about her reverting to some of her old apartment habits when she was confined 24/7, not taken out to potty, and was very submissive with humans, rolling on her back and peeing, apparently. Poor little girl. They told me she is over that now, but she's in a kennel, which is not like a home, and I'm afraid this home (though obviously cleaner) environment will remind her of her former apartment dwelling and she'll forget what she's learned. Which is OK if we can get back to remembering, but it's been a long time since I've house-trained a dog, and that one was a puppy, so had no ingrained "bat habits," and I'm not quite sure what the best method will be. I've at least cleared my weekend and Monday to watch her like a hawk and catch anything that happens as it's happening, so I can show her where's she supposed to go, or what's OK to chew, etc. I think I should get some books or videos....

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.44 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1151633