CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Great story Kathryn! by kathryn101 ..... Juicing Forum

Date:   10/5/2005 8:54:45 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,086
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=133398

Invincible...We do the 50/50 diet...50% of the time we eat almost perfect...mostly
raw, lots of juicing, etc. The other 50% we eat like our great, great grandparents
did...roast, carrots, potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, etc. We are slowly but surely going more and more to healthier eating 'most of the time'. When I worked
at the health food store for that year to study under the doctors there...my first
3 customers that very first day were there to get supplies for the Hallelujah Acres
diet. I had never heard of the Hallelujah Diet...and since my dads a baptist preacher...just the name made me extremely curious....so I asked tons of questions.
Just so happens...these 3 people ALL were in the store at the very same time...as
soon as the door opened. So I got tons of stories, etc. That night...I took all
the books and videos on the diet home...and began studying them. I was immediately
sold on it.

I help lots of people in our area...so I wanted to see if this diet would do what
it claimed to do. My husband and I are fairly healthy and fit (he's just turned
60 and I'm about to turn 59)...and we ate fairly healthy...but when we wanted something...we ate it...like ice cream..steak, etc. But I wanted us to try the diet
just to see if we would feel different. We set out to stay on it one month.
After 3 weeks...all brain fog was gone...we had more energy (and we are both hyper
workers...so we already had quite a bit)...I was walking out the door and driving
off and forgetting to put my glasses on...my vision improved to the point that I
could see better WITHOUT my glasses than I could with them. But we didn't really
have any major health issues...and we were missing the occasional ice cream and my
husband needed his steak....so we went back to our normal 'semi-healthy'- diet.
But I tell you the truth....the Hallelujah program is strict...but it will get the
job done...if you can just stick to it. That's why I recommend it so often. And I
know we are CRAZY for not doing it all the time.

Recently, I've had a health problem...and my brain scrambled...I was always going to
get to 'me' TOMORROW...and I had to seek advice from Owen...because just like everyone
else...my days are swamped...and I wanted a quick fix and there just isn't one.
I'm still not doing that great...and Owen is always saying..."Take time to do this
right"...but now that winter is coming on...my life will slow down just a bit. So
hopefully, I'll make more and better headway.

We usually have fresh juice or fruit for breakfast...salad for dinner or more fruit...we like to mix fruit and nuts at noon....at supper, we have veggies, and
sometimes chicken (and it isn't organic...so that's not good...I tried raising my
own chickens...and we bought 100 baby chicks...thinking we could raise them and
put them in the freezor for us and other family members...but after feeding them
and talking to them every day....I couldn't kill them...so we had to give them away.) We really eat very little meat...we eat a little Sugar and that's not good...
we do really good for a while...and then we want hot chocolate or ice cream.
We drink tons of water.

That's pretty much it. I'm like everybody else...I know WHAT to do...it's just
making myself do it. When I finally gave in and emailed Owen for advice...everything he told me...I was thinking, "I knew that"..."Oh shoot, I knew
THAT"...but it really helped to hear it from someone else. I think he may have
saved my life...not sure yet. :-)

Hope you have a great day, Invincible. kathryn

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=133398