CureZone   Log On   Join

Can't Get f***ing Ciclopirox In The UK... by chris_juno ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   3/11/2009 1:33:42 PM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,417
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1373206

Fuming about this.

#92305 has hardly been back since he started using this anti-fungal and having read a few articles about it I can see why.

"The unique mechanism of action of ciclopirox, combined with its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, make it an ideal candidate for the treatment of superficial dermatophyte and yeast infections. This is evidenced in its success in the treatment of interdigital tinea pedis, which often presents as dermatophyte fungus with superimposed bacterial infection and inflammation.

Seborrheic Dermatitis also may involve a combination of fungal infection and inflammatory action, which has successfully been controlled by ciclopirox. Activity against both Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria provides a wider spectrum of use of ciclopirox compared to other agents.

Finally, the potential for resistance of organisms to ciclopirox may be lower than for other anti-fungals. Thus, ciclopirox has been used in multiple clinical trials for a wide variety of indications, and years of clinical usage have demonstrated the safety and efficacy of ciclopirox in the treatment of superficial mycoses."

This cream looks like it tackles loads of the problems suggested as possible causes of our problem. Elsewhere in the article it also states that Candida struggles to develop a resistance to this stuff.

Anyone in America care to get a prescription and send me some of this? I'll pay through Paypal!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1373206