CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: ACV, I don't get it, please explain... by Hveragerthi ..... Apple Cider Vinegar Forum

Date:   8/15/2009 2:02:43 AM ( 13 years ago ago)
Hits:   4,504
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1473022

"Because acids control yeast, and alkalinity promotes it."

This is contrary to everything known about candida.

No, only contrary to the myths about Candida and pH. If you do a little search I posted a bunch of scientific abstracts proving this point. That is what is "known" about Candida. The rest is what is assumed about Candida because there is no evidence to back the claim.

By the way, why do you think people get yeast overgrowth in their stomachs when their stomach acidity goes down? And how do you think the intestinal flora control yeast in the intestines, or the flora in female organs or on the skin control yeast? The flora do this through the production of acids (lactic, acetic, fatty acids). For example, the reason women get yeast infections or people can get bloating or thrush after antibiotic use is because the antibiotics kill off the Lactobacillus bacteria that form the acids that keep the Candida under control. The antibiotics therefore cause the pH to shift to the alkaline side causing yeast overgrowth. Same goes for the reason women can get yeast infections if they get soap in the vagina. The soap is very alkaline, which shifts the pH to the alkaline side making the perfect environment for the Candida to thrive. The same reason vinegar and water douches are often recommended for vaginal Candida infections.

If you take a minute and really think about it all the places where Candida normally exists are all areas of the body that are naturally acidic to begin with. The skin, the female organs, and the intestines. It is the acidity from the flora that maintain this naturally acidic environment to PREVENT the overgrowth of Candida. That is what is KNOWN about Candida!!!

If what you are saying is true then why did the acidity of the vinegar have no effect ?

That is hard to say since we don't have enough information to go on. Maybe they were washing the vinegar smell out after while with soap, which is highly alkaline. Maybe it was a wring diagnosis as many other conditions can look like yeast infections.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1473022