CureZone   Log On   Join

let the flame fest begin! by nbjasmine ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   10/10/2009 9:44:34 AM ( 12 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,613
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1505012

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

some questions and issues that have come up in my study of fasting:

why oh why oh why do people break their fast with JUICE? it is SUGAR! ingesting Sugar will make you crave MORE sugar! the same with fruit, and i know i will get crap for this one, because despite its vitamins and fiber yada yada, fruit is still loaded with Sugar and will cause cravings for MORE SUGAR. when you eat a lot of carbs after a fast you bloat up quickly and can do damage.

i have read everything i can find on refeeding and the reluctant consensus is that low carb is the way to break a fast. i say reluctant because there is the sacred cow wandering through the fasting world that says "pure" foods like raw fruit and veggies are the only way to properly break a fast. but the yogic tradition says that yogurt is a fine way to end a fast, as it provides all the building blocks of nutrition in balanced proportions and is easy to digest (barring lactose intolerance i suppose).

again, the raw thing perplexes me. cooked vegetables are already partially broken down and are much easier to digest than raw. a good vegetable soup would be more sensible to break fast with, it doesn't overload the body by making it work too hard.

raw fruit and veggies would be for a bit later when your system has had a chance to wake up.

these are my thoughts. don't hate me for challenging the status quo of the forum!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1505012