CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: did you see any improvements in skin? by OrganicJul ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   4/19/2010 12:47:01 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,704
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1608776

LOL I like to think of myself as one of these cool, low-maintenance chicks who hikes and goes camping and isn't obsessed with the way she looks all the time... But as I write down my skin care routine when I am not camping or hiking I can see clearly that I am not one of those low-maintenance chicks at ALL =P

One of the BEST skincare products I have EVER discovered is AVON's Anew Clinical - Retexturizing Peel Pads. They are AWESOME. You use one every other day (AM or PM, whatever you prefer, I only use it PM).

If you could only ever afford ONE skincare product, that would be the one I think I CANNOT live without. Over a month results are equal (in my opinion) to a chemical peel (and I would know I used to work in a day spa that offered them). These peel pads literally retexturize your face. It helps get rid of acne, Acne scars, and just evens the tone and texture of your skin. So basically with continued usage in less than a month your face is WAY smoother, more even and softer. It also adds a glow to your face, so I like to do them at night, and I literally wake up with a more clear, brighter complexion. So now that I have smooth, even skin, I continue to use them every other day for that 'glow'.

For a daily moisturizer (AM, I like it b/c it has SPF) I use AVON's Anew Luminosity skin brightener. I started using this cream to lighten/fade Acne scars but once I saw the results I was HOOKED. It is like face crack. You get all sorts of addicted. Within seconds of application your face GLOWS. I would say that the radiance you get from this cream is the equivalent to a REALLY healthy person who eats a totally healthy Diet and has no health problems/skin problems whatsoever, who also gets that little bit of sun that makes everybody look healthy. You expect that 'pinky' glow. That's what you get from the jar.

In the fall and winter months I also use Avon's Anew Microdermabrasion cream, which is like a sand-buffer to your face. It polishes your skin and makes it smoother and a LOT softer. You use this every two days (AM or PM) but I don't use it so much in the spring/summer, b/c you want to be careful about taking off lots of upper layers of skin when you are getting more sun. Fall/winter I don't worry so much, but I surf in the spring/summer and can spend whole days baking on my surf board, which is not something you want to do if you have polished all your protection off your skin (even WITH sunscreen). I stopped using this cream about a month ago, b/c it started getting sunnier all the time (I live in southern california) even though with candida I have NOT had the energy/inclination to get on my board.

In the morning, every morning I also use proactiv. I KNOW a lot of people have a lot of different feelings about proactiv, but it works for me. It used to be WAY too harsh for my skin when I used it twice a day, but ONLY using it in the morning works for me. It helps to exfoliate my skin and keep breakouts away. It can be VERY drying (which is an extremely common complaint about proactiv) but this is a non-issue for me b/c of my awesome Anew Luminosity skin brightener that I use directly after application... It moisturizes my face like no other.

I also use Anew Clinical Eye Lift cream in the mornings and evenings for dark circles which I like to have help with (and for fine lines which I don't have, but don't want =P)

At night I use AVON's SOLUTIONS Total Radiance Brightening concentrate. More face CRACK. Glow glow glow. That's what it makes you do. I put that on before I use AVON's REJUVENATE Night revitalizing cream.

So AM I use

1. Proactiv Renewing Cleanser

2. Proactiv Revitalizing Toner

3. Proactiv Repairing Lotion

4. Avon Anew Luminosity skin brightener

5. Avon Anew Clinical eye lift cream

So PM

1. I wash my face with DOVE bar soap

2. Every other night I use the AVON ANEW retexturzing peel pads (every other night I skip 2 and go to 3 directly)

3. Apply Avon's SOLUTIONS Total Radiance Brightening Concentrate

4. Avon's REJUVENATE Night Revitalizing Cream

5. Avon Anew Clinical eye lift cream

I know it's a lot. But Jimmy crack corn and I don't care =) I love my skin and it is worth it to me. I also buy 90% of my products on EBAY which saves me a small fortune. I can usually get all these products at about 1/4 price that the distributors charge, especially if I can get all of them/most of them from ONE seller.... Sometimes Avon does have good deals though, like buy one get one free, buy one get one 1/2 off. I look for those kinds of specials if I am going to buy direct from avon.com. Otherwise I do it ebay. Plus b/c I use proactiv half as frequently as you are "supposed" to, one kit easily lasts me about 4 months. The retexturizing peel pads about 2 months, the eye cream 3-4 months. So even though it is a LOT I admit... they last me awhile.

I can't believe I just divulged all that. That's my holy grail of my female secrets dude. =)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.38 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1608776