CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: dealing with injured leg, specifics by CuriousHealthNut ..... Natural Healing & Herbal Solutions w/Unyquity

Date:   9/2/2010 11:47:44 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,510
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1683174

Teresa,

I admire your positive attitude and open mindedness in doing everything you can to get well. This state of mind will no doubt speed up your healing.

In terms of what to do physically, I would definitely keep up with the ankle exercises, but also go buy a foam roller (either online or at a sporting goods store for about $20) and use that on your hamstrings, glutes, quads etc (don't foam roll your lower back this can cause injury)...If you use this consistently over time it will help to release tension from those muscles. This is important because when someone has an ankle sprain, usually it is because of tension/tightness/lack of strength in the hamstrings and glutes as well as adductors and abductors of the leg. The lack of movement higher up the body forces the ankles to do more than their fair share of work so to speak. By combining the foam roller with some strength exercises of the above mentioned areas of the legs, this could help take the stress off of your ankle.

Hope that helps a little :)

John

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1683174