CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Golthing,You're almost off the board. by Golthing ..... Fasting: Water Only

Date:   9/6/2010 5:03:29 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,211
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1685306

2 of 2 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

OFF TOPIC WARNING, SORRY, need to reply...

So, YOUR dogma, that dogmatic Christians are dangerous, is OK, but mine isn't? You have superior dogma? Do you even see your hypocrisy in such a statement?

I'll have to say that I'm a little more than disappointed in you, that you would try to silence someone's beliefs that run counter to yours in this way. And to do it in such a blatant hypocritical manner, I hope this runs contrary to your character, as I don't know you personally. I will assume, though, that you wrote the above without thinking first.

A Christian who is NOT dogmatic is probably not really a Christian, but only someone who embraces "some" of the tenants of Christianity in order to feel good.

If a Christian has been "born again" by Faith in the blood of Christ, they will also believe in Heaven, Hell, Judgement Day, etc, and will be excited to tell others of the wonderful eternity to come if we place our faith in Christ and the eternal punishment for those who reject this gift from God. God is not willing that any should perish.

The term "Christian" means one who follows Christ, you are correct. But maybe you missed where Christ said, "I will spew thee out of my mouth" to lukewarm Christians such as yourself, if in fact you even are a Christian.

A Christian trait is to help others, yes, but that does not make one a Christian. Only if one is born again as Christ explained to Nicodemus is one than a Christian. Christ's central message was repentance. Christ didn't tell the woman at the well to help others. He told her to go and sin no more. That would be evidence of a repentant heart. There are many people who help others but live in sin. Is Christ pleased with these?

I hope that Shelton was born again, but that is between him and God. The only solid evidence of a Christian is the profession of faith, in other words, one's testimony in Christ. I don't believe that Shelton had this testimony. I hope I'm wrong. Works are not enough. All of the world religions and cults have one thing in common, works are what obtains God's favor. Only in Christianity are we completely unable to garner God's favor through works. Christ calls our works "filthy rags". Only by our acceptance of his sacrifice for us on the cross can we please God. What God has in store for us is FAR too glorious for us to earn and He is far to Holy for us to obtain on our own merits.

Also, even though Shelton helped so many people. It was only physical help. God is far more concerned with spiritually helping others. Our physical existence is "but a vapor", whereas our spiritual existence will be eternal, in one of two places. Most of God's favorite people went through tremendous physical pain and suffering: http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF%20Books/Foxes%20Book%20of%20Martyrs.pdf

I think it would have been awesome if Sheldon would have been taking advantage of the tremendous potential spiritual benefits of fasting in helping others rather than just limiting the experience to the physical. We are far too focused on the temporal and that which we can easily see and forget the worlds beyond our sight.

It is my belief that God created fasting to benefit body, mind, and spirit. I believe that this forum would not exist if it weren't for God giving us this miraculous gift. Anybody can receive the benefits of fasting for the body and mind, but one must be born of the spirit to receive true spiritual blessings.

I hope you will consider:

1. that truth is in fact dogmatic and nothing less,it is not relative and does not bend to human opinion,
2. that dogma can be given in love,
3. dogma is not a bad word,
4. God is nothing less than dogmatic. If I am trumpeting what He has said, your beef is not with me but God.

We are dogmatic here on this board: that fasting is a wonderful and safe practice. Is that bad? So then is it just dogma that you disagree with that is bad?

I hope you will prayerfully consider whether there was a time in your life or not that you wholly placed your faith in the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made on the cross on your behalf. Please be sure that you are on your way to Heaven as I am. Not because of anything that I did but Christ alone.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1685306