CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: My progress so far... by Michel84 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   1/4/2011 8:15:04 AM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,287
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1747012

Well, the influence candida may have on EC has been scientifically validated in rare cases (such as HIV+ patients). See as a reference: PubMed-ID 9234190.

This morning I browsed on PubMed as well and noticed that there are indications that systemic diseases may be manifested orally, such as cheilitis. See as a reference: PubMed-ID 21121523.

In other words, the previous suggestions that our condition may be related to these 2 factors, is at least partially based on facts, and not on pure speculation.

However, I can understand that you might still be sceptical to these references, because the link with Candida has only been made in immunocompromised patients, while most of us are probably only (very) slightly immunocompromised. Still, because our condition is enigmatic, no possibility should be ruled out simply because it sounds 'far-fetched'. Personally, I think that the combination of incomplete digestion and (leading to?) Candida-overgrowth probably plays a role in the manifestation of cheilitis. Although it might not be at the root of the problem, it is clear that great variations in our diets have effects on EC, although not always lasting.
To me it seems logical for the 'general' EC-sufferer to first attempt healthier diets/ exclusion diets, because for many of us these have positive effects. In the case these fail, other, more 'exotic treatments' should be attempted.

Michel

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.06 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1747012