CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: My progress so far... by Michel84 ..... Peeling Lips Exfoliative Cheilitis

Date:   1/4/2011 2:56:34 PM ( 11 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,239
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1747242

Ok, I have been doing a little bit of research and I have found some articles on diets as a treatment option for Candida-overgrowth in humans, although the most recent investigation showed no clear results (mostly due to the high number of dropouts). 'Healthy diet' and 'low Sugar low yeast ' diets showed similar results (measured only as Quality of Life and and levels of fatigue), giving a vague indication that changes in diet have no effect on Candida growth...
See reference PubmedID:18339054.

I am unsure if anyone posted it before, but now there is concrete evidence that a colonisation of the intestines by Candida can promote hypersensitation to food allergens in mice (PudMedID 16423887). This can manifest in a condition called atopic dermatitis (skin eczema), which may be closely related to our condition. We will have to wait for follow-up research in humans.

I have not yet been able to find an independent study that demonstrates the effect of 'low Sugar low yeast' diets or 'Candida-free' diets on the actual presence of Candida in the stomach/ intestines/ mouth, although I will keep searching.

Michel

As a side note, I'm a Master in Medical Biology (graduated this year :D ), so I have a good idea of what I'm talking about (although of course I don't know everything!)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.73 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1747242