CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Tickling Slow Loris by #69242 ..... Ask Trapper

Date:   1/25/2011 7:25:06 PM ( 10 years ago ago)
Hits:   978
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1758893

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Tomato - This sort of reminds me of a show I saw on cable recently. I didn't see the beginning or end, just about 5 minutes of the middle. And there were two fully grown male lions with big manes fenced in a pen. Not sure if it was a big or small pen. And their "keeper", who I guess must have raised them, was bringing in a "journalist" to see the reaction. I am not sure if it was Animal Planet or National Geographic etc., and the question was whether they would attack him or not. And yeah, there is always the dramatic smoke blowing to puff it up...

But they went in, and the journalist first kept his distance, and the lions immediately layed on their backs with their arms up in the air so their keeper could stroke, pet, maybe tickle them. They were loving this guy and the attention, and were completely at ease. They perked up a little as the journalist moved in, but I didn't see the end. We probably would have heard about it now if something bad happened.

I don't know many people who don't love animals. Whether from personal experience or just in a general sense from watching the t.v., and seeing all of the incredible footage of what was there before man came. There is a lot to be learned from the animal world. And animals are more complex then we give them credit for. A lab occasionally bites. A lion occasionally will consider a human it's best companion. Whether we should consider a man being able to go up and rub a lion down with ease a good thing is up for debate. Usually it means something has failed. Whether a lion mom in the wild has died and the cubs need to be adopted, or whether they were born inside a pen. Anyway. That was an incredible video you put up. Here is another...

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.31 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=1758893