CureZone   Log On   Join

Chronic scalp psoriasis was starting to totally FADE AWAY--and then flared up again? by azulgrana ..... Psoriasis Support Forum

Date:   2/28/2013 12:35:42 PM ( 9 years ago ago)
Hits:   5,330
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2040987

I've had Psoriasis on my scalp for 7 years now and on some spots on my body for the past year. I'm 18 and I've just started college. When I broke out in spots of Psoriasis on my torso and face after my first semester, it was absolutely the last straw. I was offered to shoot for a local magazine. I had to cancel last minute because of this disease. It ruined my self confidence completely. That's when I decided to trash the pharmaceuticals and heal my body the natural way.

I gave up red meat, sugar, dairy, and foods with additives and preservatives completely. I eat a lot of raw and green foods. I have a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and of coconut oil daily. I apply coconut oil topically as well. To my delight, the huge, ugly spots of Psoriasis on my scalp and face were met with spots of normal skin. My psoriasis was fading from the inside out and I was happy about my skin for the first time in a long time. But about two weeks later, my psoriasis actually got worse. The healed, normal skin is still there but the patchy red skin has spread in other places.

I don't understand where this is coming from but I'm really upset with it. The only recent changes to my diet are more supplements. I've done a lot of research on what to take to help my body cure this disease. I've added probiotics, daily enzymes, cod liver oil, milk thistle, turmeric, lecithin, and garlic oil to my daily regime. I've been taking all these daily for about the past 10 days. Could something in these supplements have caused the flareup? A few of them do have magnesium stearate in them, but are from very good, natural, and nationally recognized brands. Could the magnesium stearate be causing a negative reaction in my body? I thought these supplements would be helping!!!

The only other thing that has changed is that I've been eating a lot of pancakes lately...don't know how that would affect my psoriasis but you never know with this thing.

I would love to hear input from you guys as you all seem very well informed on these things and have experience with this disease. Please let me know what you think and if I can do anything to better my regime. Thanks!

:)

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=2040987