Re: Insane stuck throat feeling for months now. Help needed on figuring it out! by InsomniaBro ..... Iodine Supplementation Problems
Date: 1/11/2017 10:16:58 AM ( 4 years ago ago)
0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message. Hide votes What is this?
1) The doctor didn't say anything extra/specific about my TSH. That's so odd, I just didn't trust him on what he said. Maybe he didn't say anything, because at my age it might be more uncommon for people to have problems with their thyroid (aged 24) (I dunno, maybe that's just ignorant thinking and stupid of me but it's just a speculation) However, my TSH did show lower results on the second measurement (did stop iodine for a while during that period and before that). Somewhere on the internet, I read that a doctor said not to be concerned too much when first supplementing iodine, because it might induce higher TSH levels because of supplementation (at first). All of that should subside later on. I will definitely continue iodine and see what happens. I will up my dose to 25-50mg of iodide daily and use 1.8mg of nascent iodine (elemental iodine) with it. I dunno if that's too low on the (elemental) iodine part however. I just wonder whether I should add it up to 3mg daily (of nascent iodine).
2) Regarding the copper thingy, I'm so glad u pointed that out, because I just looked at the supplement and I've seen it's indeed a glycinate form. This one makes me nauseous indeed. It contains 2.5mg of bisglycinate copper. The Multi itself contains 750mcg, which is 0.75 mg. Together that would add up to 3.25mg. I just hope it's not too much. I take approx 30-37mg zinc with it (on a daily basis). I could pulse dose the copper and use it every other day. I will switch to another brand, perhaps that might help. Other brands contain typically 2mg of copper, which would add up to 2.75mg total.
3) Regarding the goiter thingy, I did place my hand there, and I don't feel anything in particular. Should the goiter have a special feel to it? I mean, I don't wanna fool myself but I don't think (and also hope) I feel a thing there.
4) More importantly: I went to the doctor today and kind of more demanded that he send me to a (throat)specialist. He agreed and they will take a look at my throat. Should they be looking at anything specific or is there a good chance that if they take a look, and let's say, perhaps find nothing. Then should that be a good indication that there isn't really going on down there, or should they do more checks. Ugh, as of typing this, I just feel so confused on what to do. It kinda pisses me off that the doctor is leaving it up to me (while he is the expert), he did however agree so I'm sorry I don't wanna come off as being ungrateful/unthankful but now I realize all too much that being healthy is one of life's greatest gift. Thanks people, and excuse me if my English sucks a bit.
5) Now that I read my post again, regarding point 4: I just meant to ask whether it was wise to ask for something like an ultrasound or anything? Would that rule out any possibilities of having something. I.e. what kind of investigation do I need to undergo (gold standard wise) to diagnose anything as good as possible (if there is such a thing).
from the Netherlands.
<< Return to the standard message view
fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=2350311