CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Scared to Death! by smore05 ..... Gallbladder Surgery Support Forum

Date:   4/17/2005 6:40:23 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,056
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=389895

1 of 1 (100%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Hi Jessica,

I had my GB removed about 8wks ago, after suffering for 2yrs with Gallstones and major attacks. My procedure was done the lap method, and if I am not mistaken, this is the standard method that the Dr's try before anything else. There's always that chance though that they may have to convert to the "open" method though, and I'm not too sure what reasons they may have for this, but It would prob be due to reasons like excessive bleeding or something else that may happen during surgery. Not quite sure if surgery is the right choice for you, and you will hear many different and opposing opinions on this forum. My advice to you would be to see what your Dr recommends. I did try some of the more natural methods before deciding to have surgery, but nothing seemed to help. There is life after gallbladder surgery,and it's not as bad as some people will tell you, don't worry. If you really want to know, ask those of us who have had the surgery. Not everyone has a positive outcome, but I promised that I would share mine with people here b/c I think it's important to hear positive stories here!!

There are risks involved, like with any other surgery. I suggest you do some research online about gallbladder surgery and see what you can find. Whatever you decide, make sure it's the best decision for you, whether it be surgery or another alternative. Keep in mind though that an inflamed GB can cause other problems later on, so it's best to decide on some form of treatment. Best of luck!

:)SM

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=389895