CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Pain after surgery, common? by gerig ..... Gallbladder Surgery Support Forum

Date:   5/13/2005 8:10:44 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,712
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=390010

0 of 0 (0%) readers agree with this message.  Hide votes     What is this?

Be very careful if they tell you they want to cauterize your oddi sphincter, or whatever they're calling surgery on the ducts after gallbladder removal these days. That surgery almost has as many people disabled by it (chronic lifetime pain) as it has people who think it was successful, except that they don't really ask everyone, so the reporting is probably faulty, probably deliberately faulty. On the other hand, covering up how unhappy people are with their sugery makes a lot of money for surgeons. I personally never needed my gallbladder surgery because I had the same symptoms after removal as I had before, and it was eventually found that I had metals toxicity and an inflammation reponse that caused constipation. In other words, the pain was most likely from intestinal peristalsis, spasms and constipation in my colon.
The transverse colon is right under the rib cage and a lot of doctors confuse pain there with pain in the gallbladder, although I suspect many doctors just look for any excuse to suck out a gallbleadder and make a few bucks. After all, we "don't need it anyway" is their "expert" opinion.
Also, you may want to consider that now you've had your gallbladder removed, many people have to go on digestive enzymes for the rest of their lives because they are disabled by the removal. Doctors don't tell you that presurgery. They tell you about all the people who appear to get better after they leave the doctors office. i can tell you they won't tell you about all the people unhappy, or disabled by the surgery, because I'm sure a lot of those people leave and never come back, or maybe they go off and die. I'm sure the doctors don't call unhappy patients back to find out how they're doing.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=390010