CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: Why Don't "Doctors" share this info with us...instead of prescribing drugs?? by hopinso ..... Liver Flush Support Forum

Date:   11/9/2003 3:37:21 PM ( 19 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,106
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=542538

Cheryl, I know how you feel. I was in my forties when I was exposed to "alternative" medicine. I was told by my last MD that I would be on Blood Pressure meds, anti-depressants, and Nexium for reflux disease for the rest of my life. It got to where I couldn't afford nearly $300.00 a month for prescriptions. After I hurt my back I went to a Chiropractor/Naturopath. My blood pressure came down naturally, the reflux disease dissappeared, and although I still have bouts of depression, I've learned to control it by meditation, deep breathing and visualization. The knee and wrist that I thought would need surgery has also healed. This doctor is the one who taught me about liver cleansing. He has been very supportive and helpful as I've explored fasting, colon cleansing and lately, parasite cleanses. Office visits to him are a fraction of what it costs to see an MD.
I hate to say this, but I think the bottom line for a lot of traditional doctors is money. Its not that they are bad people, but they are trained to be drug oriented. Also, its better for their practices to never completely cure people, but to keep them just sick enough to keep coming back. Drug companies also offer a lot of incentives for doctors to prescribe their drugs.
Not all MDs are like that; there are some who are open to non traditional medicine. But, most doctors today are trained with a certain thought process and rarely step out of the box. It then becomes our responsibility to take controland have the final say so about our health. I'm am so thankful for places like Curezone that teaches us how to get out of the box and explore the many options in health care, especially self care.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=542538