CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: What type of doctor is best for adrenal insufficiency? by jackierr ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   4/8/2005 2:51:43 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   23,904
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=555064

NDs, chiros, or DOs have more knowledge of Adrenal fatigue than regular doctors. The cortisol test is pretty innacurate especially since the levels fluctuate according to circadian rythms, so they're higher in the morning and then crash during the day if you have adrenal failure. I have a seriously bad case of it and my blood pressure is 85/60. I have had constant brainfog since June 11th of 2004 with not one day of fogless living, I know its scary and it sucks. A good doctor will give you a saliva test to figure out your true cortisol cycle, DOs are really good for this. The best thing to do is to avoid any stimulants- sugars, soda, caffeine, alcohol, drugs. I have been eating raw foods for the past few months and it has helped a little but today I started a regimine of adding at least 8 glasses of freshly juiced veggies/fruit juices, taking 4-10 g. of Vitamin C, Zinc, and tomorrow when I go shopping I am going to add Vitamin B5 and Bcomplex into my daily regimine. Its important that you find out which foods you are allergic to and avoid them. I have been making kefir with milk and yesterday I found out that I am allergic to milk and cheese, that might be why I was not seeing any improvements. Also if you have had any viruses or if you have candida that could be adding to the problem. I had epstien barr last year and hopefully the high doses of vitamin c and enzymes from the fresh juices I am drinking will help to stimulate the immune system to kill it off. Its a long tough battle but with a little information and a lot of will power we can beat this. Oh- I am also taking a high potency liccorice exctract that my chiro gave me, he says it turns to pure cortisol in the body. I would look around for a good ND or DO and talk to him/her personally to see if they are knowledgeable in adrenal fatigue. In the mean time I would:
-Eat plenty of raw fruits and veggies, and whole grains NO processed food, or stimulants. If you eat meat only organic or free range meat.
-Get a vitamin C supplement and take 4-10 g. spread out throughout the day
-Get a vitamin B-5 supplement and take 100 mg. 3x a day
-Rest yourself and get enough sleep. Dont overdo working out and try not to stress.
-Get B-complex and take 100 mg. 2x a day
-Take probiotics daily
Good Luck and find a good doctor to help you!!!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.05 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=555064