CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: What type of doctor is best for adrenal insufficiency? by jackierr ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   4/8/2005 8:11:53 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   23,633
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=555077

I agree that an ND would be good to see, but the reason I recommend a D.O. is that because there is a lot of testing that may need to be done and it helps a lot to have it go through insurance. If you can find a D.O. in your network that understands adrenal fatigue thats a big help. My D.O. knows a lot about it and had me do a saliva test. I also had a heavy metals test and food allergy test that all together would have cost about 2,000.00 dollars if I hadn't gone through insurance.
I have extremely bad adrenal problems and my cortisol test came back normal: so even though my blood pressure dropped dramatically when I went from sitting to standing and even though I have some crazy hypoglycemic stuff going on with a fasting glucose test the endocrinologist had no idea what was going on. Meanwhile I feel like I'm going to faint and my blood pressure has gotten as low as 78/50. My chiropractor said that the reason the cortisol tests are unreliable is that cortisol is produced by circadian rhythm time, so it is highest in the morning- when the blood is supposed to be taken. For this reason it is necessary to get a saliva hormone test in order to get the correct results: an ND or DO would be able to do this. If you can find a D.O. in your network the test should be covered by insurance. Most Endocrinologists don't realize the innacuracy of the AM cortisol test, and thats why it wont help to see one.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.11 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=555077