CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: ?s to EVERYONE and especially wise people who can give advice to a young person by sabs ..... Adrenal Fatigue Forum

Date:   1/12/2006 3:54:09 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,512
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=556145

Hi Gibs,

I have a diagnosis of bipolar so I get disability benefit as it prevents me from working (I'm in the UK). My psychiatrist is going to hopefully change my diagnosis, I have post traumatic stress disorder instead from years of being abused. The severe stress I suffered from age 4 (when the abuse started) to recently when it stopped, has totally messed my body up causing me to have AF and hypothyroidism and goodness know what else! I feel lucky I haven't died considering the stress on my mind and body!

Are you in the US? People in the UK can get benefits who have OCD. You said your parents have problems, did you have a stressful childhhod because of that? That sort of stress is so draining. I'm glad you have realised it's AF you have, I'm not better, but I'm glad I found out I have AF so I can get better. Otherwise I'd just sleep my life away and not know what to do. I've felt suicidal because of being exhausted, you feel useless because you can't work. It's not your fault, you are ill, just keep remebering that when people call you lazy. I've spent the last 12 years alseep!!

Contact a benefits advisor to find out what financial help you could be entitled to, a lot of mental health charities have benefits advisors. You might even get housing paid for. If you are in the UK, I can help you with benefits advice, I don't know how it works in US.

Buy the adrenal fatigue book, the link is at the top of the AF forum page. It will tell you what to take in the form of herbs, supplements, vitamins. It's important you start taking these as you are probably very depleted. I had black bags under my eyes for years, when I started taking vitamins they went away.

If you can afford it, get an AF test to see what your cortisol and DHEA levels are like. This is important so you know if you have low cortisol or high. Try and find an alternative practitioner to help you if you can.

I really hope you feel better soon.

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=556145