CureZone   Log On   Join

anaerobic bacteria in lacto-fermentation process by Anja ..... Candida & Dysbiosis Forum

Date:   9/18/2003 6:10:37 PM ( 18 years ago ago)
Hits:   689
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=619637

I read a post farther down from the person who's refuting the Hydroxygen claims about anaerobic ("oxygen-hating") bacteria being more benign or beneficial (as in the case of bifidum). I know very little about this topic, but I got so tired of popping pills and packets with minimal results (not to mention the expense), and have ended up turning to a careful, nutrient-rich, organic diet with proper food combining to begin to heal.

I am using lacto-fermented FOODS rather than processed & packaged acidophilus products, and I'm having better results. I am now making my own lacto-fermented veggies using starter cultures to ensure a healthy batch, and the interesting thing is that you must prevent oxygen from entering the container in order for it to ferment properly, and keep the container tightly closed when storing in the fridge, later, with the veggies packed down and no air bubbles throughout. I guess the beneficial bacteria in this process do not like oxygen.

I don't know anybody that has truly (and long-term) healed chronic disease or infection just on products, but I understand the lure of the easy quick fix with nutritional supplements. Gathering and preparing truly healthy meals, getting enough regular exercise, sunshine, deep breathing, meditation, and doing other forms of cleansing while continuing to study about "alternative" medicine is practically a full-time job, and not well supported in modern society. It's difficult living on the fringe.....

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.03 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=619637