CureZone   Log On   Join

Re: interfaith relationship issues by taije ..... Relationship Support Forum

Date:   1/13/2005 8:17:45 AM ( 17 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,282
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=668055

To put it very simply:

My boyfriend and I are in an interfaith relationship, and it's more twisted than you think. My parents are Catholic, he's a Buddhist. I am a pagan. Problem is my parents don't know I'm pagan. It's none of their business. I let it slip the other day that my bf was a buddhist and my mom's biggest concern was that her grandchildren were going to be raised like that. She didn't freak out as much as she normally does. I was shocked. You don't seem to be so lucky, though I'm sure I'll run into many snags along the way with my parents and religion in the future. But the point is, to me, as much as I love and respect my parents, it's my life, my relationship. My mother converted to Catholisim, so she isn't exactly one to talk about sticking to her religious guns.

My boyfriend and I are very happy with each other's beliefs. We learn from each other every day, and let the other practice how they will. Now if children were to come into the picture one day, we know how WE would raise them, NOT my parents.

Just remember, if you're happy and you love your significant other, that's really what matters. If I get married one day, I'll run off to Vegas if I have to just so I can avoid all the bull**** and get what I really want out of it all...a loving, lasting relationship.

~Taije

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.08 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=668055