CureZone   Log On   Join

Edited by #34681 ..... Acne Forum

Date:   3/25/2005 4:48:17 AM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   2,663
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=675823

There are some good grains that you might consider. Go to Whole Foods - they have a lot of alternatives to wheat and rice. For breakfast try the oats. There's quick oats which takes 5 minutes to prepare. Just boil water and mix the quick oats in it. Put a tiny bit of ghee or butter in it if you want and a dash of black pepper and/or Redmond real salt. Its delicious. Then there's barley and quinoa, that you can eat for lunch and dinner. You can buy the variety that cooks fast. Also you can buy wheat bran from Whole Foods, i.e. just the bran of the wheat without the wheat grain. You can add this to the oatmeal for added fibre. I also eat couscous, but then thats made of durum wheat semolina just like pasta. Then for calorie rich foods, consider seeds like pumpkin seeds (rich in Zinc, which is what the body needs to fight infection and for healthy skin, hair and nails - you lose a lot of Zinc through semen, so Zn is important to supplement :) ) and sunflower seeds. A 1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds has 180 calories!!!
Point is you dont have to starve to get rid of acne. In fact you DO need some minerals to effectively fight the acne. Make sure your diet has all the fats and minerals it needs for a healthy skin. Consider going to the library and read Udo Erasmus' book - Fats that Heal Fats that Kill.
Good Luck!! Hang in there!

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.04 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=675823