CureZone   Log On   Join

I had the same problem... by Gardeninginthefog ..... Ask Barefoot Herbalist

Date:   1/7/2005 12:22:37 PM ( 16 years ago ago)
Hits:   1,112
URL:   https://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=714675

... when I first became vegetarian. It was a real battle. Then I discovered dal. Dal being an East Indian type soup. When I started eating rice and dal a few times a week that quit happening. I've never tried eating dal raw, but I have seen a raw recipe for it which I can't find for the life of me. What I've read says it is hard to digest that way so if you try it you might want to try whole mung dal and sprout it and then liquify it. I like both mung and toor dal a lot. I seem to feel best with them. Toor dal is heartier, and has more flavor, whereas mung is easier to digest. You can find them (very inexpensive) at an Indian store if you have any in your area. And again I don't know if you'd get the same effect from raw dal, but it's worth a try, or you could eat cooked dal. I think the rice and dal together creat a protein balance that I was having a hard time getting without them. Anyhow Shelly has some posts with recipies with dal. Or I could give you some tips if you're interested (there are a few tricks to making good dal).

My guess is MH may have some even better suggestions, and I'm anxious to hear those.
Anyway good luck.
Gardeninginthefog

<< Return to the standard message view

fetched in 0.02 sec, referred by curezone.com/forums/fmp.asp?i=714675