CureZone   Log On   Join
Fermenting tea and other things with primal defense and bacillus coagulans.

mojobuddha Views: 2,376
Published: 9 years ago

Fermenting tea and other things with primal defense and bacillus coagulans.

Hello,
Ive been doing some culturing over the past year or so. I have cultured water kefir, Tibetan Kefir, Kombucha, and some vegetables, nuts and fruits using a cultured medium as a starter.

I recently bought a bottle of Primal Defense Ultra, and began using it to culture a few things.

First I tried a pint jar of organic milk. I sprinkled 1 capsule of primal defense into it, covered it with a cloth and rubber band and left it out on the table. It usually stays in the seventies in my house. 24 hours later the milk was slightly sweet. 36 hours the milk started to thicken. 48 hours later the curds and whey had separated.

At this point i ate a cup and put the rest in my refridgerator. It is obviously full of cultures and enzymes but tastes terrible. It tastes like a bitter sweet cheese. It is self carbonating and resumes a kefir like consistency when stirred. Ive eaten most of it at this point.

Im dont like dairy ferments as much as Kombucha and veggie ferments, so i decided to try something else.

I made about 7 cups of boiling water and poured it over 2 teabags of organic chai tea and 2 teabags organic ginger herbal tea, in a glass jar. I added half a cup of coconut Sugar and allowed it to sttep. After an hour or so of steeping I removed the teabags, and shaked it up to make sure the coconut Sugar was dissolved. I then allowed the mixture to cool to slightly warmer than room temperature.
I added 1 capsule of primal defese and covered with a cloth and rubber band.

After 24 hours this mixture tastes almost like a natural cola. After 48 hours it tastes bitter like a wheat beer or water kefir. It does not appear to be significantly alcoholic, and only slightly acidic. It tastes somewhat bitter and is very carbonated without covering. I drank 6 cups of this yesterday with my wife drinking the other cup. Ive drank about 2 and 1 half cups this morning of the second batch I made Identically.

This appears to have a stronger probiotic effect than taking one pill daily. Ive noticed a lot of gas and increased bowel movement today.

I also fermented about 7 cups of organic coconut water. It tasted sweet and carbonated after 36 hours and more bitter after 48 hours.

Im very happy with the results of this so far. Im thinking of trying it with bacillus coagulans later, but I believe that I will need a yogurt machine to activate the coagulans. Has anyone tried fermenting with bacillus bacteria. I would like some information on this with some possible method to activate the baccilus subtilus in primal defense.

Has anyone else tried this. Does anyone know of the benefits of doing something like this.

Why does it taste so bitter, is that an effect of thelactobaccilus plantarum?

Love and Light
Tony

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.118 sec, (2)