CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Ketogenic diet

DeeNut Views: 3,588
Published: 21 years ago

This is a reply to # 55,980

Re: Ketogenic diet

Hi Sparky's wife,

WOW...6 hours long? Never seen one last that long before. My heart goes out to you.

My son isn't on the keto diet yet. The neuro suggested that we wait until after the holidays, this way My son doesn't feel singled out around all of that GREAT FOOD!

In the meantime, we are doing the Atkins diet {as suggested by the neurologist} just to get Kyle used to eating differently..AND we have seen a little bit of a difference with that...He also has tonic/clonic and generalized seizures.
Started the Atkins last week...he didn't have a seizure for two days...then my husband brought home mcdonalds..and wouldn't ya know it...THIS KID HAD TWO FREAKIN SEIZURES DURING THE NIGHT.

One of the moms from the Epilepsycured support group..on yahoo told me that the keto diet works really well with tonic/clonic seizures.So.. It may take a few months..but hey..what is a few months compared to a few years ?? I've been going thru this hell for 10 yrs...and finding this forum, and the Epilepsycured.com has been a GODSEND TO ME...
Hang in there...I wish you all the best!

Gotta get dinner goin'...
Dee

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.135 sec, (1)