CureZone   Log On   Join
Beadlegobbler

Views: 6,706
Published: 18 years ago

This is a reply to # 794,231

Beadlegobbler

I had an appt. today with a chiro recommended by a friend of a friend. She was with me for 90 minutes, very nice does flexion/distraction (said this was good for back only).

1)Said my neck was like a traffic jam-tight even the scalene? (I think) and of course I am out of alignment. My right side is the worst.

2) Does electric stim (she said to fatigue the muscles so they would relax), also some gentle traction as well as the Logan technique.

3)Believed that the BEST way is to adjust the neck (I used the analogy as coaxing a baby into good behavoiur)She agreed and said that the adjustments can help prod my body into slowly staying in alignment.

4)Was very surprised that I have CONSTANT tingling in BOTH feet even after I pointed out I have herniated disc at L5. Said if they didnt stop in the distant future I should see a neurologist.

I am going for a 2nd opinion. I liked her and she was personable and also suffered herniated discs as well.

She also wants me to ice- 20 minutes on 2 hours off.

Respect your opinion. How does that sound?

Of course I gathered that the adjustment of the neck was PRIMARY AND THE MAIN HEALING MODALITY. It didnt work the 1st time (dont know if it is because of the technique or because of the doctor). Also i heard that pople with herniated discs should not get adjusted. She didnt agree.
Opinion PLEASE :)?

I also asked if I could heal with NO adjustments. She said yes but it would probably take much longer.

flexion/distraction seems like its for the back only...correct?

It seems I'm back to "adjust" or not to.

Again a big thank you. :)

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.082 sec, (1)