CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: how to reduce a fever without drugs?

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Dr. Clark Shop
Hulda Clark Cleanses

Google Advertisement
Google Advertisement
imalurnin Views: 88,724
Published: 17 years ago

This is a reply to # 834,833

Re: how to reduce a fever without drugs?

Just a few weeks back, Molly Bloom had a post about egg whites reducing a fever. I googled this and came up with the following.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/fever.html

Egg Whites: By far the best method to lower a high temperature within MINUTES! When I was about 4 or 5 years old, I had acquired a fever so high that I started to hallucinate. My mother was in a panic, she feared brain damage if something didn't lower the fever and FAST. My grandma told her about an old-wives' remedy.

Soak 2 cloths or hankerchiefs in egg whites and put on the soles of the feet (cover with socks). The egg whites instantaneously start to draw the temperature DOWN from the brain (where it is dangerous) to the feet (where it can do no damage). After that incident my mom used this method successfully every time I had high temp. If no eggs are on hand, chopped onion or chopped potato can be applied to feet instead, although egg whites are the fasted method.

The egg whites are also a miracle cure for minor and more severe burns. Soak or coat affected area in egg white. While the egg white is still wet you will feel no pain from the burn. As soon as it dries up the pain comes back so reapplication is necessary. This also prevents scarring from the burn."

Ani followed up on 1/4/06: "I checked with my mom and there is a small revision if using the chopped onion alternative: the onion should be mixed with vinegar. The potato is fine on its own."

1/11/2006: Ani adds: "I have NO idea why the egg white remedy is not more commonly known. In fact, I did a google search and aside from my post on Earth Clinic, found only one website mentioning it as a remedy for burns (for which it is in fact as effective as for lowering temps). It is a fail-safe, non-invasive, purely natural technique that works faster than any drug. I encourage everyone to try this method first, especially when young children are in question and speed is important. Glad you gave it a try Cathy."

Reader Feedback -- thank you!

1/21/2007: Jennifer from Siloam Springs, Arkansas writes, "My 3 yr.old daughter, was running a very high fever and it seemed like i had tried everything as far as Motrin and Tylenol, finally i typed in on the google search engine, "how to break a high fever" and it came up with this website. I had never even heard of the egg white remedy, but it really worked within a few hours, her fever went from 103 degrees to 98.6, and when i took the washclothes off her feet, her feet felt really hot, so i knew then that it had really worked. thank you so much!!!"

1/13/2007: Nancy from Kenmore, WA writes, "Desperate as my fever went higher than in many years (102.6), I googled "how to break a fever", and read the egg whites remedy and testimonials. I used 3 egg whites for 2 size 8 feet, whipped them a bit to blend them, sat down over a big plastic bag on the floor, dipped washcloths in the egg whites, put one on each foot, put a small plastic bag on each foot, tied a long sock around my ankle, and went to bed. My temp dropped from the 102.6 to 99 by morning. I was able to walk with the baggies on my feet; the washcloths were squishy, but very effective. Thank you for the tip and for this site."

1/6/2007: Susan from Phoenix, AZ writes, "egg whites cured fever for a baby 5months old. I really want to thank you because that really worked. i didn't know what else to do. in the hospital they really didn't do anything, they just give him fluids. im so thankful i got in the internet -- that was my last option. next time i know to get in the internet first."

12/29/2006: Mike from Prescott, AZ writes, "Infected bursitis caused elevated body temperature. Pharmacy provided medications would not reduce temperature. I tried your egg white cure and my temperature went from 102.7 to 99.6 in two hours. I am a senior(65+) and had never heard of this before. Thank you for this very imformative and helpful site."

12/26/2006: Luis from Odessa, TX writes, "My 11 year-old boy had a high fever of 103.5 and in an attempt to find something that would work, I googled for a way to bring the fever down and stumbled upon your website. My wife soaked some paper towels with the eggwhites and put them on his feet and held them in place with some of my socks.....yes, he told us it felt "weird in a slimy way" but after 30 minutes the fever had gone down to 100.2. THANK YOU so much for sharing this remedy!"

12/18/2006: Jenna from Colbert, GA writes, "I used rags soaked in egg whites on feet to reduce fever.. My son has had a fever for 7 days. His fever has ranged from 100.5 to 104.2 He has been in the hospital 1 day to receive IV fluids for dehydration and received further testing...all of which were negative. He had only slightly elevated white blood cell count (16,000). I've been alternating acetominaphen with ibuprofen. I've also used lukewarm baths when the fever was over 103. Nothing however ever took the fever below 100.5 Today a friend found your website. She called me and asked me to try this. For some reason, I immediately said..I'll try it. My son cried and didn't want the squishy cold egg white rags on his feet, but my daughter and I worked to pull my husband's larger socks over them and I left them on 2 hrs. His fever went from 102 to 100.2 He then laid down for a nap and woke at 4pm...which is when his fever usually begins to spike. He had NO FEVER! He was even below at 96 degrees! While I realize the fever may come back, I am amazed enough to want to write and share with others...try this!"

12/4/2006: Dan from San Antonio, TX writes, "'I was very reluctant to try it but because my 11 year old son has had high fevers in the past and medication has always worked however this time no such luck. I googled the remedy and came up with this. I followed the intructions as close as possible. Before the treatment his fever was 103.8 and within 15 minutes it dropped to 102.7 and 20 minuets after that it was 101.3. His fever went down enough to let him get some sleep. It worked great. I dont know how it did it but it worked. I will pass this on to anyone who is ever in the same position. Thank you."

11/7/2006: Marilou from San Francisco, CA writes, "I was so glad I found your website. I tried the egg whites and it helps lower down my son's fever. He had taken medications but it didn't work. Thanks to you guys. This is a good website!"

11/2/2006: Falken from Nanaimo, BC writes, "Absolutely wonderful.. Thank you guys so much. My 5 month old had a really good fever, of course theThermomater is nowhere, out of vinegar, and not to keen on baby Tylenol. I google baby fever and this website came up. I have never heard of Egg Whites before. 3-5 minutes fever was Gone. Awesome Thank you guys very much, and thanks to the Ancestors who passed this on. There's not a lot of hippy remedies these days, everything is drugs. I will keep this as a favorites page. Cheers, Falken and Baby Mayana"

10/28/2006: Tim from Columbia, MD writes, "Egg Whites used to reduce the fever in my 11 month old baby girl. My wife and I were up with our daughter about all of last night with a high temperature. Through the evening and night we gave her a couple of doses of fever reducing medicine for infants with no results. At about 6:30am I whispered a prayer for wisdom and then it came to me to do an internet search of home remedies for fever. You see, I pray to a very practical God, and He answers. I found your website and the egg white remedy jumped out at me. Being raised in the south, I was not afraid to try this at all. Within minutes of placing the egg white soaked cloths on her feet, we could feel a noticable difference in her body temp. Thank you so much for making this info available."

10/26/2006: Lynn from Onalaska, WA writes, "I was desperate. Tylenol was not working. I read this and my mom helped me try it. My temperature was 101. I could literally feel the heat moving, from my head to the back of my neck to the middle of my back, to my thighs down to the bottom of my feet. within about 40 minutes my temerature went down to 99.8. This really works. Thank you."

10/21/2006: Amanda from Sault Ste. Marie Ontario Canada writes, "My son had a fever all day today. I had overspent at the grocerystore and just didn't think he was going to get sick. Needless to say, the fever came on quick. I was worried because I don't have a thermometor and could not check his temperature. I called his dad, and he hasn't called me back. So, I did what any single mother with a fevered child would do. Look for home remedies. I was a little reluctant at first, but then thought, well, I need to try something. With in the first ten minutes of application, his fever was starting to go down. I am so thankful for this site. Thank you very much!"

10/1/2006: Lianna from Montreal, Quebec writes, "Hi, I am very grateful to you for posting this method. It helped to reduce my daughter's fever form 39.7 (celsius) to around 38.8 in about 30 minutes. I was alone with her and started to panic as her temperature was going up and up. I started to check the Internet in an attempt to find a natural remedy when I came accross this method and implemented it at once. It was back in April but I couldn't find time up until now to post what I wanted to tell you - a big "THANK YOU".'

9/10/2006: Donna from Shrewsbury, MA writes, "My daughter's temperature started at 101.7, then to 103.8 even after Children's Motrin. I wrapped her feet with egg white clothes and her fever was down to 101.9 within 20 minutes!"

9/7/2006: Sarah from Overland Park, KS writes, "My 10 year old son woke me up at 12:30am. His temp registered at 104.5. I gave him a tylenol, which he proceeded to throw back up. Dropped him into a cool tub and ran to the internet. I found your site and thought your remedies sounded silly. There was no way eggs would work. Well, the tub did not drop his temp and he was still throwing up, so down to the kitchen I went. We got a big laugh out of the slimy, cold feeling of egg whites on bare feet, but we wrapped them up, covered them with his Dad's socks and waited. Within a few minutes his temp dropped to 103.4. 10 minutes late, down to 102.6. Within 30 minutes he was at 100.5. Just not sure how long I need to leave the eggs on him feet. Will definitely use this remedy again. Thank you!"

8/30/2006: Joni from Kula, Maui, Hawaii writes, "The flu, a bug was going around. Last week my 60 year old husband had awful body chills that often come before a high fever. His fever then started to rise and rise to 102-F where it stayed for hours. No amount of cool cloths, etc seemed to work. Desperate, I went online and Googled for some help and found your site. I raced into the kitchen, soaked two paper towels in chilled egg whites and wrapped them around his feet and added warm, dry socks (note: he truly hated this feeling and let me know in no uncertain terms!) As I hovered over him there was initally no relief. I was making both of us crazy, so I sat down quietly and took his temparture about 30 minutes later...the fever had broken and within the hour his temparture was back to 98.8-F. When I took off his sock and unwrapped the towels it was amazing to see the egg whites COOKED! I have passed along your site and this remedy to many friends. Mahalo nui loa (thank you very much!)"

8/27/2006: Robert from Los Angeles writes, "My son had a fever of 101 this morning. By noon it was up to 103. I checked Earth Clinic for remedies and found this one. We applied the eggs whites and within half an hour, his fever had dropped to 101. Great remedy!"

8/11/2006: Angela from Aliso Viejo, CA writes, "This is by far the weirdest thing I have ever heard of for curing a fever... but it works! I had a fever tonight that was rising rapidly. I was desperate, so I had my husband help me with this strange concoction. But after about 20 minutes, my fever was up to 101.9! The problem: he hadn't wrapped my feet up - he had simply put some paper towels on the bottom of my feet. So we decided to give it another try... the right way. We soaked two paper towels in egg whites, and wrapped each one around my feet. Literally, within ONE MINUTE, I started feeling really hot (I had been really cold up until that time). Could these be the sweats you get when your fever breaks? No, not so fast, I thought, and assumed my fever had gone up. But when I checked it, it was 101.8, and about 15 minutes later it was 101. Now, about 30 minutes later, it is 100.5. My husband thought I was crazy when I suggested this method - but he is now a believer! We are definitely going to be using egg whites to fight fevers in the future!"

6/25/2006: Rebecca from Houston, TX writes, "My 5 year old had a high fever for about 40 hours. It would only come down temporarily after a cool bath and then spike back up. On 6/25 at 3:00 am my child woke me up and again had a fever of 103. Out of desperation I got on the internet and saw the egg white remedy on your website. Although I was very doubtful of the effectiveness I went ahead and dipped a paper towel in egg white and wrapped my child's feet and covered them with socks. At 3:20 the fever was down to 101 and by 3.30 it was at 100! I just took it again at 9:30 in the morning and it is normal! After battling his stubborn fever I just can't believe that this worked, but it did. Thanks!"

6/5/2006: AM from SC writes, "I had scalded my hand while making homemade jam and fortunately my father-in-law was present and had me soak it in eggwhites and then drenched a papertowel and placed it on my hand and wrapped my hand in a small towel for 30 minutes. The pain was immediately gone and did not return. I have no marks from the burn either. MIRACULOUS!"

3/30/2006:Jon from Indiana writes, "My son's temp was 102.6f and was trying to get him to sleep. Within less then 10 minutes, his temp dropped from 102.7 to 100.8 and he was asleep in less then 15 minutes. Glad that I came across this one, never heard of egg whites for fevers this one is one that I will remember."

3/21/2006: Rose from Ohio writes, "Yes, there is the FLU going around.. My husband and I have had a cough for over a month. Now we have the flu in the house. My daughter got it first -- she's ten, then me. Now my husband has it and it looks like my son 14 is getting it as well. hank You for this site. It helped my daugher's fever. i tried the egg whites and i was amazed it really worked!! I will pass on this site to all my friend's and family just like it was passed on to me :)"

3/8/2006: Hannah from Sydney NSW writes, "I have tried egg whites remedy and it really helped, thanks millions. My sister had a fever after liver biopsy and I didn't want to continue with Panadol, so, when I found this site, I tried what you recommended."

2/27/2006: Peter from Davis, CA writes, "My boyfriend had a 103.8 fever for a while, and after trying absolutely everything I came across this site. I read up on the egg whites to bring down a fever, I was skeptical at first, but I gave it a shot. Within a half hour his fever had gone down from 103.8 to 100.1 .. WOW. Amazing!! Thank you very much!!!!!"

2/13/2006:Mike from Haysville, KS writes, "You made me a believer. On 02.10.06, my wife got a high fever of 103.2 and, after to resorting to all the over the counter medications, I found this article. I tried it exactly as recommended and with an hour her fever was down to 101. It took a bit longer for her to finally break the fever and start the "sweats" but thanks to you, she is now fine. Thank you from the bottom of my heart."

1/9/2006: Cathy, from Houston, Texas writes, "I am so thankful for this site. My daughter called me and my grand-son, 4 years old, had 104.9 and I was so scared. I told her to try the vinegar and Motrin and she did and nothing really happened, but then she tried the egg whites which I really thought it would not work, but in 20 minutes his fever went from 104.9 to 101.00, IT REALLY DOES WORK!!! Thank you so much at least my little grand-son did not have to be traumatized in the hospital with blood tests, etc... Thanks again, Cathy"

NAY
12/29/2006: Shari & Zoe from Vermont writes, "I was desperate to try something natural, but our daughter is very sensitive and afraid so our usual remedies (garlic paste on feet, garlic oil rub on chest, frozen towel on neck treatment) weren't practical for her. It took me almost an hour to convince her to try it, we soaked white clothes in the egg whites, wrapped her feet and put on big socks over them. Then we waited an hour and absolutely nothing happened. I was afraid she would start getting more upset at that point and also that the fever would get higher than 104, so we stopped."

12/19/2006: Iris from Austin, TX writes, "I tried the egg whites remedy on my 5 year old who's had his roller coaster fever (varies from 100-103F) for 5 days now. I drenched the egg whites onto paper towels and wrapped them on his feet and then added socks for about 30 minutes. Other than the fact that it was cold and slimy, it did nothing to lower his fever. I am glad I found this website though, as I then tried the apple cider vinegar method (remedy #3), and that one worked!!! I also gave him 1 teaspoon of it mixed with 1 tsp of honey. In less than 5 minutes, all the gunk that had made him congested came oozing out! It was the strangest thing to witness (not to mention a bit gross) but he was very happy that he could breathe through his nose again! We did it one more time and he was able to cough up and expel a lot of the stuff that was in him. Hopefully this will be the turning point and will get rid of the flu faster!! Thanks for this website!"

11/16/2006: Lisa from Fleetwood, PA writes, "Hello, I have a 2yr who has been running a high fever for 2 days now, ive been giving her children's Tylenol and it works slightly but then raises back up, she felt so hot tonight I got desperate and saw this site thought I'd try anything at this point to get through the night, I soaked the rags, wrapped her feet and put her socks over them and kept on for a half an hour and sorry to say was very disappointed her temp hasnt changed at all, so I am just taking her to the hospital. I think maybe this remedy works depending on what is causing the fever to begin with, if there is an infection present which requires Antibiotics I dont think this remedy is gonna work, but thanks anyways."

Kate from Langhorne, PA writes, "I tried the egg white remedy for a little bit over an hour, but my fever remained the same, so it didn't work for me..."

11/8/2006: Jenna from Houston, TX writes, "the egg white remedy did not work. i had it on for about 2 hours and my fever is still 100F "

Remedy #2: Rolling An Egg
1/16/2006: Nancy, from Lake Zurich, IL writes, "One remedy for fevers is taking a egg (still intact, in its shell) and rubbing the whole egg all over the body. It will absorb the heat in the body and when you are done, the egg will be hard boiled. This was passed down from a family friend and it really works. Just be careful with the egg as you have to constantly roll it over the person."

Remedy #3: Apple Cider Vinegar
Ratazayah, from Newark, NJ writes us,"When I was an infant the Dr's told my mom I was going to die, due to a particularly high fever. She was told by an elderly friend to soak a wash cloth in apple cider vinegar and place one on my forehead and one on my stomach, while it smells like all get out, my mom was able to check me out of the hospital and from that day onward, it's literally been a life saver to all the children in our family with high fevers. It takes about an hour to break the fever."

8/24/2006: Nick from DeWitt, MI confirms ACV for fevers: "I got home from work to find my wife with a fever over 103. We had tried a bath before I wen to work, and it helped to lower it, but it came back. She had also been taking motrin, but it did not help. I google searched and found your site. I wanted to do the egg whites, but we had just finished off the eggs this morning. I saw the posting for apple cider vinegar, which we had, and tried it just as described. The last time I checked her fever had dropped, and is nearing normal. The smell is the smell, I mean, it's vinegar, but the ends justify the means. What's a little odor, when you get a lowered fever in return? Thank you so much for providing this information for free. I have added this site to our favorites list."

Remedy #4: White Vinegar
Michelle, from Culver City, CA writes, "I was able to break a fever using white vinegar on cloths placed on my throat & both wrists. Yes, it did smell but it broke my 104 degree temp in no time. Amazing!"

Remedy #5: Fenugreek Seeds
Emmanuella, from Long Beach, CA writes, "When I was a child my mother used to give me Fenugreek tea. It doesn't taste very good, but she would give me a cup of this and two excederin and I would wake up a few hours later, with a broken fever. I had my appetite back and felt much better. This tea does come out through your pores, so it won't smell very nice. This tea worked for me, maybe it can work for someone else too."

Remedy #6: Cool Water
Tamika writes, "Put the person in a tub of cool lukewarm water for about thirty minutes."

Remedy #7: Sweat!
2 Readers have found success!

Will from Montreal, PQ writes, "I always just stayed under the covers and sweat it all out, i don't know if it's such a hot idea (pardon the pun) but it worked for me. I see it as, if your gonna miss a day of work u might as well lay in bed and let it all hang out. I've had sleepless nights because it was so bad, i just stayed under my quilt and sweat it all out. It takes about 4 hours under the covers on a warm day and then i was alright."

Katie, from Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio confirms: Remedy #5 has been a tradition when treating a fever since my great grandparents moved from Austria to the US in the 1920's.It has never failed!"

Remedy # 8: Fresh Ginger Root
5/23/2006: Christina from Bel Air MD writes, "You take raw ginger put it in water and bring it to a boil. Use a big pot (the one you use for spagetti). After it boils for 15 to 20 min, take it off the heat. Run water in the tub, the water should be as warm as the person can take. Before the person gets in put the ginger root water in the tub. Mix it around. The whole body should be covered. Let them sit there for as long as they can take it. Once out. Put them in long pajamas, wrap them with a blanket, put them to bed, and put the other blankets on top. They'll start to sweat out the fever. Found this on
http://www.herbalhealer.com
website when my tots had high fevers."

Want to beat the flu? Check out our Flu Cures Page!

Remedy #9: Liquid Calcium
12/3/2006: Chris from Denver, CO writes, "My son had a relatively high fever and was lying on the couch, not doing very well at all. I had heard about calcium for fever, so I gave him some liquid calcium in apple juice and thought I'd let him sleep. 25 minutes later I went to check on him and he was outside, riding his roller up and down the sidewalk, no sign of fever! The chiropractor who first told us about calcium said that fever is actually an attempt by the body to heat up the bones and teeth so it can remove calcium and use it for the white blood cells. So taking calcium seems to make a fever unnecessary."

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.150 sec, (12)