CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Final Thoughts on my being cured of Candida

frostymug Views: 31,595
Published: 9 years ago

This is a reply to # 2,268,373

Re: Final Thoughts on my being cured of Candida

To be honest, I avoided carbs as much as possible. I lived on scrambled eggs, almond milk, steamed fish and veggies and occasional sausage patties and roasted chicken. I'm sure I ate a few other things that weren't carbs but I can't thing of them at this moment. My experience was that any carbs caused a flare-up in candida. Mind you, I had an extreme case of candida. Perhaps someone who has a milder infection can get away with eating some carbs. Eating this low-to-no carb diet was the hardest thing I ever did in my life. After being on it for a couple of months it was not that difficult but in the beginning it was quite hard and depressing.

I think that I could have shortened my treatment if I had known about probiotics PLUS LACTULOSE. I went for a couple of years on that awful no carb diet plus antifungals plus probiotics with some results but no knock-out punch. Even if you have a bad case of candida, I think that if you adhere to a strict no carb diet, take antifungals and biofilm destroying enzymes and do the nystatin enemas FOR 3 MONTHS you are halfway there to being cured. For the next 3 months you just add high dose probiotics high in bifido bacteria (Ultimate FLORA is a good one), fermented veggies (such as Bubbies Sauerkraut) and 2 teaspoons of lactulose twice a day (every 12 hours). At the end of this 3 months you should be able to begin to slowly add carbs. I started eating one serving of potatoes a day. Also, oat bran cereal is a good carb to add since it is food for the good probiotic bacteria in the gut.

Continue on the high probiotics and lactulose for the next 3 months while you add carbs slowly back into your diet. You can stop taking antifungals at this point. If you are like me, at the end of this 3 month period you will probably be able to eat anything but I would caution against eating high Sugar foods or gluten containing foods. Paleo Diet is the best diet to be on for anyone and everyone.

Good luck. This journey was the hardest thing I ever did but I succeeded because I never gave up. But there was a time when I almost did give up and almost resigned to living with candida for life. Never give up!

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2024  curezone.com

0.318 sec, (2)