CureZone   Log On   Join
Re: Blind Men,Elephants, and Descartes

Views: 9,736
Published: 14 years ago

This is a reply to # 1,032,447

Re: Blind Men,Elephants, and Descartes

Perhaps the blind begin to see only when they(we)know we are blind. Thanks for the merriment your posting brought. Surely the poor and oppressed find themselves groping to define any god from under the elephant's tale, unable to see the beauty of the whole.

As for Descartes and such: once a professor described an ancient Greek thinker who said that when one shoots an arrow it never really reaches its target for it is always half way there. Since I was studying also the third phase of the Hundred Years War( when the horror of the long bow tipped victory toward England, and thousands of Frenchmen lay dead or maimed from arrows), I just couldn't get it. I knew then that I could never be a philosopher nor find my path in that way. Philosophers just stroke the elephant differently than do poets or scientists or farmers or suffering peasants.

Printer-friendly version of this page Email this message to a friend
Alert Moderators
Report Spam or bad message  Alert Moderators on This GOOD Message

This Forum message belongs to a larger discussion thread. See the complete thread below. You can reply to this message!

Donate to CureZone

CureZone Newsletter is distributed in partnership with https://www.netatlantic.com

Contact Us - Advertise - Stats

Copyright 1999 - 2021  curezone.com

0.485 sec, (1)